Chicken and Rice Soup Recipes

Category Chicken
For the rice lovers, chicken and rice soup is a delicious alternative to the standby chicken noodle. This page contains chicken and rice soup recipes.

I love Greek Lemon soup but don't always have the time to make it as the homemade original version requires a lot of ingredients and steps to make it. So a long time ago, I saw this "shortened" version in a magazine and it works great when the taste for the soup arises.

Total Time: 5 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

Source: In a magazine. Don't remember which one.

• 1 can Chicken with Rice soup
  • 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice (or to taste)

Directions:

• Mix all the ingredients together in a sauce pan and heat on top of the stove till warmed through. Eat and enjoy.
  • Comment Was this helpful? 1

• 1 whole chicken
    • 1/2 onion, diced
    • 6 stalks celery
    • 1 package baby carrots, chopped
    • 1 Tbsp. parsley
    • 1/2 tsp. rosemary
    • 1/2 tsp. thyme
    • salt and pepper, to taste
    • 3 potatoes, chopped
    • 1 cup Minute Rice
    • 1 package chicken flavored soup mix

Directions

In a large pot, boil the chicken, onion, celery, carrots, parsley, rosemary, and thyme together. Once the chicken is almost done, then add the potatoes. Remove the skin and bones from chicken and place it back in the pot. Continue cooking until the potatoes are done and then add the rice. Add the chicken flavored soup mix and simmer until the rice is done.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Make a hearty and delicious chicken and rice soup for your family tonight. This easy to make chicken and rice soup recipe can be made for about 10 dollars.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

My youngest was home sick from school this week so I made him a batch of a very basic chicken and rice soup to make him feel better. I recommend lots of garlic and a long slow simmer to cure any cold.

Total Time: 1 + hours

Yield: 6-8

• 1 lb chicken tenderloins
    • 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
    • 1 onion, finely chopped
    • 3 carrots, finely chopped
    • 1 cup green beans, roughly chopped
    • 2 Tbsp olive oil
    • 4 cups chicken broth
    • salt, pepper and Italian seasoning, to taste
    • 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
    • 2 cups cooked long grain rice

I would have added celery if I had any on hand. Other good additions would have been mushrooms, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, parsley or any fresh herbs.

1. Heat a heavy bottomed pot on medium and add 1 Tbsp. olive oil. When the oil is heated, add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side. It doesn't need to be fully cooked as it will simmer in the soup.
    2. Remove chicken from pan, cover and set aside. Add 1 Tbsp. oil to pan.
    3. When the oil is heated, add the onions and cook until just softened, 2-3 minutes
    4. Add vegetables. Sauté briefly after adding the next ingredient; garlic, carrots, green beans.
    5. Add chicken broth and seasonings. Bring to just a boil and reduce heat to low.

I used a package of chicken tenderloins for this soup but I would have rather used a rotisserie chicken. Remove the meat, cook the bones down into broth and simmer

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I learned how to make really good chicken broth from my college roommate back in the day, a Chinese girl named Jin (Pronounced "Jean). From that amazing broth, she made lots of other dishes, and I taught her how to make chicken soup.