Chicken and Rice Soup Recipes
Read More Comments
My youngest was home sick from school this week so I made him a batch of a very basic chicken and rice soup to make him feel better. I recommend lots of garlic and a long slow simmer to cure any cold.
Total Time: 1 + hours
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cup green beans, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- salt, pepper and Italian seasoning, to taste
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
I would have added celery if I had any on hand. Other good additions would have been mushrooms, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, parsley or any fresh herbs.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pot on medium and add 1 Tbsp. olive oil. When the oil is heated, add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side. It doesn't need to be fully cooked as it will simmer in the soup.
- Remove chicken from pan, cover and set aside. Add 1 Tbsp. oil to pan.
- When the oil is heated, add the onions and cook until just softened, 2-3 minutes
- Add vegetables. Sauté briefly after adding the next ingredient; garlic, carrots, green beans.
- Add chicken broth and seasonings. Bring to just a boil and reduce heat to low.
I used a package of chicken tenderloins for this soup but I would have rather used a rotisserie chicken. Remove the meat, cook the bones down into broth and simmer
4 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
In a large pot, boil the chicken, onion, celery, carrots, parsley, rosemary, and thyme together. Once the chicken is almost done, then add the potatoes.Read More...
I learned how to make really good chicken broth from my college roommate back in the day, a Chinese girl named Jin (Pronounced "Jean). From that amazing broth, she made lots of other dishes, and I taught her how to make chicken soup.Read More...
This classic Greek recipe is flavored with lemons and eggs, resulting in a creamy and hearty soup. Chicken is a common starting point and rice or orzo are also usually included.
Make a hearty and delicious chicken and rice soup for your family tonight. This easy to make chicken and rice soup recipe can be made for about 10 dollars.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.