Chicken and Rice Soup Recipes

My youngest was home sick from school this week so I made him a batch of a very basic chicken and rice soup to make him feel better. I recommend lots of garlic and a long slow simmer to cure any cold.

Total Time: 1 + hours

Yield: 6-8

• 1 lb chicken tenderloins
  • 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 3 carrots, finely chopped
  • 1 cup green beans, roughly chopped
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • salt, pepper and Italian seasoning, to taste
  • 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 2 cups cooked long grain rice

I would have added celery if I had any on hand. Other good additions would have been mushrooms, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, parsley or any fresh herbs.

1. Heat a heavy bottomed pot on medium and add 1 Tbsp. olive oil. When the oil is heated, add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side. It doesn't need to be fully cooked as it will simmer in the soup.
  2. Remove chicken from pan, cover and set aside. Add 1 Tbsp. oil to pan.
  3. When the oil is heated, add the onions and cook until just softened, 2-3 minutes
  4. Add vegetables. Sauté briefly after adding the next ingredient; garlic, carrots, green beans.
  5. Advertisement

6. Add chicken broth and seasonings. Bring to just a boil and reduce heat to low.

I used a package of chicken tenderloins for this soup but I would have rather used a rotisserie chicken. Remove the meat, cook the bones down into broth and simmer

4 More Solutions

In a large pot, boil the chicken, onion, celery, carrots, parsley, rosemary, and thyme together. Once the chicken is almost done, then add the potatoes.

I learned how to make really good chicken broth from my college roommate back in the day, a Chinese girl named Jin (Pronounced "Jean). From that amazing broth, she made lots of other dishes, and I taught her how to make chicken soup.

This classic Greek recipe is flavored with lemons and eggs, resulting in a creamy and hearty soup. Chicken is a common starting point and rice or orzo are also usually included.

A hearty chicken soup with a lemon-egg sauce added for flavor and richness.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Make a hearty and delicious chicken and rice soup for your family tonight. This easy to make chicken and rice soup recipe can be made for about 10 dollars.

Chicken And Rice Soup in Pot

Food and Recipes Recipes Soups ChickenDecember 18, 2012
📓
😷
🌻
🎂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Chicken-and-Rice-Soup-Recipes.html