Chicken Soup Recipes

Category Chicken
A variety of delicious soups can be created with chicken. This page contains recipes for chicken soup.

This is great recipe for cold days. It's easy and healthy. Most kids love soup, mine do.

• 1.5 kg (3 1/3 lbs.) chicken pieces - wings, thighs, breast, etc.
  • 1 large onion, cut small
  • 2 whole parsnips, peeled
  • 2 whole carrots, peeled
  • 1 stalk celery
  • 1 tsp. each dried basil, oregano, thyme, and parsley
  • Ad

• pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 cup pasta noodles

Directions:

Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Dice vegetables. Put everything into a pot and cover generously with enough water. Over high heat bring to boil, then lower heat and simmer for about an hour.

Servings: 8
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 1/2 Hours

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

Easy homemade chicken and vegetable soup.

Total Time: 1.5 hours

Yield: 12

Source: This recipe is also featured on my blog

• 1 whole chicken
  • 2 cups diced carrots
  • 2 cups corn
  • 2 diced onions
  • 1 diced group of celery
  • 2 cups peas
  • pepper or other seasonings
  • rice or noodles, if desired

1. Boil one chicken in water to cover with 3 inches extra. Boil until well done and meat starts to pull away from bone. Let cool. Draw fat to the top with ice OR let sit in refrigerator over night, and remove fat from top the next morning.
  2. After removing fat, remove skin and meat from bones. Save the liquid. It's your stock. Feed the fat and skin to the animals, it's good for their coat.
  3. Run liquid through a colander. Add the chicken you removed from the bones to that liquid.
  4. Then add vegetables and seasonings to taste: Accent, paprika, pepper, garlic, Cajun spice mix, poultry seasoning.
  5. In a separate pot, boil either rice or noodles. When cooked, drain and rinse well. Add to the chicken and veggies.

Notice that I did not add salt. You can if you like, but we don't. Unless you use a fresh butchered chicken of your own, even the chickens you buy at the store contain salt. If you use canned veggies, they also contain salt, and your seasonings may also have salt. If you are trying to avoid salt, rinse your bought chicken and rinse off your canned veggies.

This soup is easy to make, filling, and the whole family will love it. Perfect for those with diabetes or on a low-carb diet.

• 10 cups chicken stock (or 10 bouillon cubes with 10 cups boiling water)
  • 2 large chicken breasts, cut into piece sizes your family prefers
  • Ad

• 1 (4 oz.) can mushrooms, drained
  • 1 (4 oz.) fresh sliced mushrooms (optional, my family loves mushrooms so they are in almost everything I make)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 4 carrots, chopped
  • 4 celery stalk, chopped
  • 1 bag of cauliflower, chopped (I did this in the food processor to get a fine grain like texture)
  • 1/2 cup butter, plus a couple tsp.
  • 1 small jicama, chopped (optional, but adds a nice faux potato taste and texture to the soup)
  • 2 Tbsp. curry
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:

In food processor fitted with a blade, chop cauliflower into fine particles.

Saute the onion, celery, carrots, and mushrooms in the butter in a large soup pot. Add curry and cook for 3-4 more minutes.

Add chicken stock and simmer over low-med heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the rest of your ingredients and simmer for 20-25 more minutes. Enjoy!

Servings: 10
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 50 Minutes

By Teri M. from Omaha, NE

This soup is made as a large batch, then frozen in individual containers. I love it because it's so versatile and can be served in a wide variety of ways.

Directions:

Place all ingredients except vegetables and salt, in large crock pot. Pour in enough water to cover the chicken. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours till chicken is falling apart. Carefully remove chicken and allow to cool. Remove all bones and skin from chicken. Cut meat into bite size pieces and return to crock pot. Add vegetables and cook one more hour. Add sea salt to taste. Cook one more hour.

Once the soup is done, spoon it into individual containers and freeze.

Serving Suggestions:

These are only a few suggestions, but there are as many as what your own imagination can come up with.

I make 2 crock pots of this soup, along with one other soup and chili, and they keep me fed all winter and into the spring.

Servings: 13
Time:5-10 Minutes Preparation Time
8-12 Hours Cooking Time

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

I normally make a huge batch of homemade chicken vegetable soup in a large soup pot. This give me enough to freeze and lasts me the entire winter, along with the other 2 soups I make.

Now that the weather is turning colder I am on a soup kick. I love to cook up extra and freeze in individual serving containers to save time for future meals.

My neighbor was in bed with a sick and I didn't have chicken to make her soup. So I opened a large can of chicken broth, put it on to heat, added 1/4 of an onion diced, 2 sliced carrots, and 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley.

Tips and recipes for making homemade chicken soup.

This quick and easy soup uses chicken leftovers from a roast chicken dinner.

This page contains homemade chicken noodle soup recipes. Chicken noodle soup is a soothing meal when you are sick or on a cold day. This broth based soup is simple and quick to make.

A bowl of hearty chicken noodle soup.

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

Bring chicken to boil in water. Add celery and seasonings. Simmer several hours until tender.

I have made this often, and everyone says it's the best chicken soup they've ever tasted, so I thought I'd share it with this group.

This is a guide about making chicken stock. Rather than buying chicken stock, you can easily make it at home.

chicken noodle soup

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

My youngest was home sick from school this week so I made him a batch of a very basic chicken and rice soup to make him feel better. I recommend lots of garlic and a long slow simmer to cure any cold.

Chicken Soup in Bowl

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains chicken and rice soup recipes. For the rice lovers, chicken and rice soup is a delicious alternative to the standby chicken noodle.

Chicken and Rice Soup

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

Saute the chopped vegetables in butter. Add flour and salt. Stir well until flour is lightly cooked. Add chicken broth and milk. Bring to boil. Turn down the heat to low and stir until slightly thickened.

This soup is so versatile because I can add different things, or thicken it up and put it over noodles or rice, or make dumplings, or any number of other ways of fixing it.

In a soup kettle for large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add 2 cups broth, milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.

I cook this in my crockpot.