Chicken Soup Recipes

This is great recipe for cold days. It's easy and healthy. Most kids love soup, mine do.

• 1.5 kg (3 1/3 lbs.) chicken pieces - wings, thighs, breast, etc.
  • Advertisement

• 1 large onion, cut small
  • 2 whole parsnips, peeled
  • 2 whole carrots, peeled
  • 1 stalk celery
  • 1 tsp. each dried basil, oregano, thyme, and parsley
  • pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 cup pasta noodles

Directions:

Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Dice vegetables. Put everything into a pot and cover generously with enough water. Over high heat bring to boil, then lower heat and simmer for about an hour.

Servings: 8
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 1/2 Hours

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

18 More Solutions

This recipe of mine is based around one of my favourite Thai soups, Tom Kha Gai. Since my easy-to-get-to local shops don't carry lemongrass, galangal, or kaffir lime leaves, I've made substitutes that do a great job of mimicking them (until I can get out to the proper shops)! I hope you give this a try.

bowl of Soup

Easy homemade chicken and vegetable soup.

Homemade Chicken Soup

This soup is easy to make, filling, and the whole family will love it. Perfect for those with diabetes or on a low-carb diet.

A bowl of homemade chicken soup.

I came up with this recipe when I had next to nothing in the house to cook with. I had a roasted chicken that was torn to bits, lemons from my garden, carrots and onions that I'd dried over the summer, and some quick oats. For being so bare-bones, it was absolutely delicious, and was even better the next day. So comforting!

Lemon Chicken Soup in bowl

This soup is made as a large batch, then frozen in individual containers. I love it because it's so versatile and can be served in a wide variety of ways.

Now that the weather is turning colder I am on a soup kick. I love to cook up extra and freeze in individual serving containers to save time for future meals.

My neighbor was in bed with a sick and I didn't have chicken to make her soup. So I opened a large can of chicken broth, put it on to heat, added 1/4 of an onion diced, 2 sliced carrots, and 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley.

This quick and easy soup uses chicken leftovers from a roast chicken dinner.

Bring chicken to boil in water. Add celery and seasonings. Simmer several hours until tender.

I have made this often, and everyone says it's the best chicken soup they've ever tasted, so I thought I'd share it with this group.

Saute the chopped vegetables in butter. Add flour and salt. Stir well until flour is lightly cooked. Add chicken broth and milk. Bring to boil. Turn down the heat to low and stir until slightly thickened.

This soup is so versatile because I can add different things, or thicken it up and put it over noodles or rice, or make dumplings, or any number of other ways of fixing it.

In a soup kettle for large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add 2 cups broth, milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.

I cook this in my crockpot.

Chicken noodle soup is a soothing meal when you are sick or on a cold day. This broth based soup is simple and quick to make. This page contains homemade chicken noodle soup recipes.

A bowl of hearty chicken noodle soup.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Using your pressure cooker you can make a delicious soup that tastes like its been cooking all day. This page contains instant pot chicken vegetable soup recipes.

Chicken and vegetable soup in a bowl

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Load More
Food and Recipes Recipes Soups ChickenFebruary 16, 2012
🎃
🍂
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf65553697.tip.html