Chicken Soup Recipes

Category Chicken
A variety of delicious soups can be created with chicken. This page contains recipes for chicken soup.

This is great recipe for cold days. It's easy and healthy. Most kids love soup, mine do.

• 1.5 kg (3 1/3 lbs.) chicken pieces - wings, thighs, breast, etc.
  • 1 large onion, cut small
  • 2 whole parsnips, peeled
  • 2 whole carrots, peeled
  • 1 stalk celery
  • 1 tsp. each dried basil, oregano, thyme, and parsley
  • pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 cup pasta noodles

Directions:

Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Dice vegetables. Put everything into a pot and cover generously with enough water. Over high heat bring to boil, then lower heat and simmer for about an hour.

Servings: 8
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 1/2 Hours

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

This recipe of mine is based around one of my favourite Thai soups, Tom Kha Gai. Since my easy-to-get-to local shops don't carry lemongrass, galangal, or kaffir lime leaves, I've made substitutes that do a great job of mimicking them (until I can get out to the proper shops)! I hope you give this a try.

When I make this soup, I like to use a blend of broths for a richer flavour. Here I used half chicken broth, half shrimp stock. I've added a link on how to make my shrimp stock.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 30 minutes

Total Time: 40 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

Link: Homemade Shrimp Stock Recipe

• 2 cups chicken broth
  • 2 cups shrimp stock
  • 1 1- inch piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 1 green onion, chopped
  • 1/3 jalapeno, thinly sliced
  • 1/3 carrot, peeled and chopped
  • 1 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 bay leaves
  • zest of 2 limes
  • 1 13.5 can (13.5oz) coconut milk
  • 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
  • 8 oz baby corns
  • 8 oz straw mushrooms
  • juice of 2 limes
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
  • hot chili sauce for garnish

1. Place broth, stock, ginger, green onion, jalapeno, carrot, brown sugar, and bay leaves in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer on low for about 15 minutes.
  2. Stir in coconut milk and lime zest. Bring heat up to boil, then lower to a simmer.
  3. Stir in the chicken, baby corn, and mushrooms, keeping the soup at a low and gentle boil. Stir frequently, until chicken is fully cooked. Add lime juice and add salt to taste. Garnish with chopped cilantro and a few drops of hot chili sauce.

Easy homemade chicken and vegetable soup.

This soup is easy to make, filling, and the whole family will love it. Perfect for those with diabetes or on a low-carb diet.

I came up with this recipe when I had next to nothing in the house to cook with. I had a roasted chicken that was torn to bits, lemons from my garden, carrots and onions that I'd dried over the summer, and some quick oats.

For being so bare-bones, it was absolutely delicious, and was even better the next day. So comforting!

This soup is made as a large batch, then frozen in individual containers. I love it because it's so versatile and can be served in a wide variety of ways.

Now that the weather is turning colder I am on a soup kick. I love to cook up extra and freeze in individual serving containers to save time for future meals.

My neighbor was in bed with a sick and I didn't have chicken to make her soup. So I opened a large can of chicken broth, put it on to heat, added 1/4 of an onion diced, 2 sliced carrots, and 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley.

This quick and easy soup uses chicken leftovers from a roast chicken dinner.

This page contains homemade chicken noodle soup recipes. Chicken noodle soup is a soothing meal when you are sick or on a cold day. This broth based soup is simple and quick to make.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Bring chicken to boil in water. Add celery and seasonings. Simmer several hours until tender.

I have made this often, and everyone says it's the best chicken soup they've ever tasted, so I thought I'd share it with this group.

Using your pressure cooker you can make a delicious soup that tastes like its been cooking all day. This page contains instant pot chicken vegetable soup recipes.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making chicken stock. Rather than buying chicken stock, you can easily make it at home.

This page contains chicken and rice soup recipes. For the rice lovers, chicken and rice soup is a delicious alternative to the standby chicken noodle.

Saute the chopped vegetables in butter. Add flour and salt. Stir well until flour is lightly cooked. Add chicken broth and milk.

Bring to boil. Turn down the heat to low and stir until slightly thickened.

This soup is so versatile because I can add different things, or thicken it up and put it over noodles or rice, or make dumplings, or any number of other ways of fixing it.

In a soup kettle for large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add 2 cups broth, milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.

I cook this in my crockpot.

Tips and recipes for making homemade chicken soup, from the ThriftyFun community. Post your own ideas here.