Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipes

Using your pressure cooker you can make a delicious soup that tastes like its been cooking all day. This page contains instant pot chicken vegetable soup recipes.

The pressure cooker makes this chicken soup quick and easy. The simple but nourishing ingredients, like lemon and garlic, should help to soothe the worst winter cold.

• 2 lb chicken breast, cubed
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 celery rib, chopped
  • 2 carrots, chopped
  • 8 oz. mushrooms, chopped
  • 2-3 potatoes, chopped
  • 32 oz. chicken broth
  • 1 lemon
  • cooking oil
  • Italian seasoning, to taste
  • salt and pepper, to taste

1. Brown chicken using the saute feature on the Instant Pot.
  2. Add onions, garlic and celery when the chicken is starting to cook. Continue sauteeing for a couple more minutes.
  3. Add the rest of the vegetables, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and chicken broth. Close lid and use the soup button for 30 minutes.
  4. Before serving, add in lemon juice and adjust the seasonings as needed.
  5. Ad

Top Comment

Looks delish, Jess! Could you please let me / us (readers) know the cooking time (in case we don't have an Instant Pot)?

Top Comment

Well, if I was going to make it on the stove, I would bring it to a gentle boil then let simmer and cook for about 45 minutes. But sometimes I have let it simmer for hours. The flavors just keep deepening and the veggies get softer. It's really personal preference. :)

I normally make a huge batch of homemade chicken vegetable soup in a large soup pot. This give me enough to freeze and lasts me the entire winter, along with the other 2 soups I make (homemade beef soup and homemade chili).

Use your own favorite recipe for the basic soup using only chicken and vegetables. It can be served as is, or using any one of the following variations. You can use your own imagination to come up with any other variations.

Variations:

• Add noodles (no need to pre-cook)

• Add cooked rice

• Thicken slightly to stew thickness using flour/milk mixture and add noodles, cooked rice, or dumplings.

• Thicken more using flour/milk mixture and serve over: noodles or cooked rice.

By Cricket from Parkton, NC

I like this because you can't find a recipe much easier to make than this recipe. Tastes great! Great for a quick meal!