Leftover Chicken Soup
This quick and easy soup uses chicken leftovers from a roast chicken dinner.
- 2 cups deboned, skined, cut-up chicken
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped fine
- 2 celery stalks, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup leftover stuffing (this gives the soup such a wonderful taste)
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables or leftover veggies
- 2 - 32 32 oz. cartons chicken broth + 2 cups of hot water
- 1/4 lb linguine, broken into 1 inch pieces
- Seasonings to taste: black pepper, salt, basil, parsley, thyme, bay leaf
- Using a large soup pot, add your onion, celery and chicken, stir it around with a few drops of olive oil.
- Add chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil. Add frozen vegetables. Add stuffing. Bring back to boil, then simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add seasonings and simmer. Do a taste test and add more spices if needed. Then add broken linguine, stirring well to prevent sticking.
- After a rapid boil, turn down to a simmer for about an hour.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.