Slow Cooker Potato Soup Recipes

Category Potato
Using your crockpot to cook your soup frees you up to accomplish other tasks. This page contains slow cooker potato soup recipes.

I love potato soup, carbs that make you warm and fill you up. This amazing soup recipe is made easy with crock pot but can be done in regular pot on stove top. It lasts for freezing or sharing.

• 5 lbs. potatoes
  • French onion soup mix
  • 1/2 gallon of milk
  • celery
  • onions
  • butter substitute (I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)
  • Tony's Creole Seasoning
  • healthier additions such as sliced carrots and spinach leaves
  • couple garlic cloves (peeled)

Directions:

I usually boil potatoes half way (so I can score and peel) before adding them. Season potatoes when boiling them, save about 1/2 of water for later. However you can just peel them, make sure you add time for them to cook completely. If you boil enough to score and peel them, this cuts cooking time down.

Chop onions, celery and garlic (if you like). With garlic I use a grater, saving juices for flavoring. Add these along with French Onion Soup mix to milk. Make sure it is all mixed together well. If you need to add additional milk, wait until everything is together, making it consistency you like. I add carrots at this time.

Put all ingredients together, seasoning with Tony's Creole mix to taste. Set on low allow 4-5 hours to cook completely. I always like mine on slow. If you don't have this amount of time, adjust the temperature so potatoes, celery, onions and carrots are soft and have soaked in all the wonderful seasoning. If cooking longer, add more milk/starchy water mixture (about 1/2 to 1/2)

Once everything is soft, I mash about 1/2 the potatoes up to make the consistency I like. Remember you can add more or less water or milk. I wait until the end, usually I do half water half milk. Many use canned milk but this is a low calorie, great tasting version I find guilt free. If you don't like thicker soup, don't mash the potatoes but leave in cube form.

Put butter substitute in it and spinach on top. A wonderful healthy meal I enjoy all fall and winter long. The French onion soup mix makes all the difference in taste. If you haven't tried it, I would highly recommend it. Enjoy this with crackers or bread and a salad. I recommend corn bread. I always freeze 1/2 mine into separate dinners for the coming weeks. This recipe can be doubled if you have one of the larger pots.

Servings: 10+ bowls
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 4 Hours

Source: Grandma's recipe made healthy with less calories.

By Luana M. from San Diego, CA

• 1/2 pkg. turkey bacon
  • 5-8 small round red boiling potatoes, peeled and diced (new potatoes)
  • 1 carrot, peeled and diced
  • 1-2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1 bunch small green onions, sliced
  • 4 chicken bouillon cubes (dissolved in water)
  • 5 cups boiling water
  • 6-7 peppercorns
  • chopped chives
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • 1/4 cup margarine

Directions:

Prepare all the vegetables and put into crock pot. Cut the turkey bacon into small pieces and add to crock pot. Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water and add to crock pot. Add margarine and salt to the crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. During the last hour, add the evaporated milk and chives. Serves 8

By Robin from Washington, IA

Enjoy the flavor of a baked potato with all the toppings when you make and serve this delicious soup. This page contains a crockpot baked potato soup recipe.

finished soup 2

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes