Loaded Potato Skins
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts
These made a great appetizer. Use a good variety of toppings. Everyone loves potato skins! I made a lot at once and froze them for different holiday events. These freeze very well without toppings.
- 5 lb bag large russet potatoes
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 (16oz) sour cream
- 1 lb thick cut bacon, cooked well and crispy, crumbled
- 1 small bunch of fresh chives, snipped small
- 1 tub (8oz) guacamole
- Wash all the potatoes and put a small hole in each.
- Place in a preheated oven at 375 F for 40-50 minutes. Check for the ones that are done, and take them out. Let cool enough to handle.
- Using a good sharp serrated knife, slice one side of the potato, then right beside it take another slice, and one more. You should get 3 large potato skins from each large potato.
- Take all the excess potato and put it in a bowl with butter melting in it. Leave a good amount of potato in each skin. The rest put in the bowl.
- Using a deep fryer, fill with an inch or two of olive oil flavored with garlic powder and pepper and basil. Drop each skin in the hot oil until golden brown. Remove to paper towels.
- Put all your condiments in each a bowl in the middle of a platter and surround with potato skins. These are the best!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.