Week 13: Crockpot Baked Potato Soup
Get all the flavors of a fully loaded baked potato in this satisfying soup. It's perfect to come home to after a cold and rainy spring day.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This baked potato soup is fantastic and easy to make in your crockpot!
- 5-6 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 (15 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup butter (or 1/2 stick)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream, optional
- 1 cup crumbled bacon, optional
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, optional
- 1/4 cup chived, chopped
- Wash, peel, and rinse potatoes. Cut them into 1/2 cubes and put them into the crockpot.
- Add chicken stock and butter to the crockpot. Dice onion and add to the crockpot.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place the lid on and turn the crockpot to HIGH. Cook on HIGH for 5-6 hours, or until the potatoes are soft. (If you want to use the LOW setting, cook for 8-9 hours.)
- Once potatoes are soft, use a potato masher to smash the potatoes. Smash them until you have a slightly chunky texture.
- Pour in the whipping cream, stirring well.
- Add grated cheese and chives. Stir to combine.
- Serve hot, topped with a dollop of sour cream, bacon crumbles, and chives.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.