Have a Snack Basket

I keep one of those little plastic baskets used for organizing in a cupboard that my kids can reach. This basket is filled with snacks that I feel they can eat without me knowing or are healthy alternatives to treats. We call it our snack basket. It is also a good tool to use with our toddler who likes to snack all day. We can put only a few snacks into the basket and when they are gone, then no more snacks!

Source: This is from many different sources, but "Super Nanny" had the idea for limiting snacks with a snack jar.

By Rachel from Indianapolis, IN

We have a snack bucket! I keep it in the basement freezer. When the kids pack a lunch, they grab a frozen homemade brownie or cookie. It thaws by lunchtime, and then they bring home the plastic baggie for me to wash. I resist buying individually wrapped anything because of the cost and waste.

We do the same thing, it also gives the children opportunities to make choices and one your already ok with!

An apple, granola bar, nuts and dark chocolate squares.
Healthy Snacks
Parenting General Parenting The Family KitchenOctober 1, 2008
Cheese and Tomato Snack
Cheese Snack Ideas
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Peeps Easter Basket
Peeps Easter Basket
Snack Mix
Snack Mix Recipes
🎉
🎄