Crafts Using Pop Bottle Lids

By Mary 28 22

I have over a hundred pop bottle lids, soda lids. I save them to redeem the points on the Coke lids. They're all red. Is there some kind of craft I can do? I can't think of anything.

By Mary

Showing: Answers Sort

By kathleen williams 76 1,661 Flag

We use to make our checker board & use pop bottle lids to play checkers instead of buying them.You can also make some round cement blocks as steps & place the lids in it before it dries, good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Jen Rivet 6 6 Flag

I can see all of these great red disks lined up next to each other, on a wall, something like the small round tiles you can use on walls. You could use wood, and glue them to it, or cork board, and you could attach them with small pins through the middle.

They would look good on a table top for outdoors. Line them up on a table top with a small ridge around it, and then fill it in with acrylic varnish and make a coke table. Even use them on picture frames, for a very nostalgic look.

A large amount of anything can create almost a quilt look to it when they're all consolidated together.

Jennifer

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Reine 2 Flag

I use mine to make little pin cushions by cutting a strip to go around the sides and a circle to go around the bottom, then I cut a 4 inch square and trim the edges so it is a circle, do a running stitch around the edges so I can gather it and make a ball which I then stuff into the bottle lid and stitch to the sides. I then decorate to top with beads or little flowers or embroidery etc. I got the idea of a website but I can't remember which one.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By carolcoen 1 121 Flag

I've seen clocks and collages made from them.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Clynn Altemus 30 67 Flag

I have seen shoe scrapers made from pop bottle caps. They are nailed to a board 12 x 18 (guessing at actual size), and are used to clean mud and dirt off the shoes/boots before entering the house.

If the caps fill with dirt, the board can be picked up and turned over to empty it. It will not tear up like the ones you buy at the store.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Darlene Johnson 17 20 Flag

When in a boys club years ago my grandson had to make one of those scraping mats with caps. It was a small one where they used a scrap of outdoor carpet, same size piece of plywood, then another piece of carpet (got those free from places like Home Depot or a carpet store which were samples.) Each cap was nail on from bottom side of what would be the finished project. It was intended to sit by the side of your entrance mat to scrap the bottom of your shoes off, much like the small brush type ones they have that are shaped as animals.

In the end they all looked very professional. One young boy was very creative since his mother thought a good idea would be a cooling tray for hot items out of the oven. He starting with one cap in the center, then surrounding it by additional caps.With the number you have a square mat would end up being in the 12" X 12" size I would guess as they are placed very close together. The reason to start with carpet in the bottom and not just wood is so your porch floor or counter top would not get scrapped from any movement. Good Luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By pam 2 5 Flag

For Christmas my daughter made little ornaments for our small tree. She painted them and some she glittered and put mom and dad on a couple. She even put my dogs name on one. If your able to you can shrink picture and put in the middle. Then she punched a small hole for the hooks. They were very cute. Pam

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Robyn Fed 394 1,240 Flag

I have seen them used as cat toys, with a hole punched into the top of the lid and tied to a string and hung from the cat kennels at the shelter, they love these! I am thinking you could use them to make a chime with, I am not sure how but I am going to experiment.

Robyn

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Crafts Recycled CraftsFebruary 8, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Plastic Lid Man
Crafts Using Plastic Lids
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 6, 2016 at 10:07:16 PM on 10.0.0.182 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings