Celebrating Your Birthday With Spouse

How can you celebrate a 30th birthday when you are away from family and friends. Flying is too expensive right now. How can you make it a big bang with just you and a spouse?

I am looking for fun ideas. I feel it will end up being too "anniversary" like, if its just the two of us. Please help.

By Sara from Bay Area, CA

Invite a few friends, have a cake & some iced tea, if you want to serve more ask each 1 to bring a covered dish,be sure to tell them the starting time & ending time, call your family before the crowd comes in. I wish you a happy birthday & 100 more happy years, good luck.

We've always enjoyed going somewhere or doing something that we've put off. How about the aquarium, a museum, the zoo, a movie, a park, a hot air ballon ride, a restaurant, adopting a pet, finding the perfect pair of jeans, even painting a room. A birthday doesn't mean you have to have a party with relatives. As you grow and mature, relatives move or have other responsibilities; life is constantly changing.

Find ways to embrace those changes since you have no control over them. If you are set to have cake, take it to work with you to share with coworkers or invite neighbors over for dessert. I'd not mention your birthday ahead of time though, or they'd think the invite was a just you expecting gifts rather than you offering the hand of friendship. What is your perfect day? Maybe just sleeping in, soaking in the tub, getting a massage or your hair done, relaxing and reading a good book. No matter how simple, make it about you and enjoy it.

We never made a big deal of my birthday once I started having children. Now that it's just hubby and me, we keep it really low-key. I don't call family, they all know it's my birthday, so they usually take turns calling me. Even when my sister called early enough to wake me on a recent birthday when I'd meant to sleep in, it started my day with a smile!

I think you should do whatever you like on your birthday - be a little selfish for a change! You only have one birthday a year, thank goodness!

30th Birthday Party
30th Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayFebruary 3, 2010
A slice of birthday cake with a half candle.
Celebrating a Half Birthday
Surprised woman and a group of friends with a cake
Surprise 30th Birthday Party Ideas
Two cupcakes with candles spelling the word "THIRTY"
30th Birthday Party Theme Ideas
Celebrating Spouse's Birthday
Planning a Spouse's Birthday Party
🎄