Home Remedies for Stomach Aches

I have stomach aches all the time. Is there anything I can do to help relieve them at home?

By DMarie98 from Holly Pond, AL

I get a stomach ache every time I eat anything with tomato sauce in it. My suggestion would be to keep a diary of what you eat and when the stomach aches occur. If you get a stomach ache every time you eat something you love, you could try taking a couple of digestive enzymes whenever you eat that item, or you could just eat it like I do with tomato sauce, and then drink a bicarbonate of soda (1/2 tsp. of baking soda in 1/2 glass of water) afterward. You could also have a wheat allergy, which could cause you problems every time you eat anything with wheat in it such as bread, crackers, pasta, cereal, cakes, cookies, etc. This is the problem my husband has. He avoids wheat most of the time, but when he does eat it, he takes a couple of digestive enzymes.

I forgot to add in my previous post that dairy products, such as milk and cheese is also a very big cause of stomach aches.

You need to find out what's causing the stomach aches before you start trying out home remedies. Something that's good for one person may be what your condition doesn't need.

If you have trouble after eating milk products you may be lactose-intolerant. Try to avoid those products & see if it helps. Or use tablets which let you have dairy products anyway. You could try to add digestive enzymes and probiotics to your diet as well. If none of these seem to help, go to the doctor - you may have an infection which needs antibiotics - & such infections can eventually be life-threatening!

Please list more symptoms. Such as bloating, burning how soon after you eat and what type of foods are you consuming? I am having trouble digesting fiber. Raw veggies are horrible for me at this time. Doc also believes I may have an ulcer. I am following a stomach ulcer diet I found on line. It seems to help.

First, I feel that you need to see a doctor to see if there is a medical cause for this. And then take it from there. If you have already seen a doctor, and nothing is wrong (medically), then that is a good thing. What I do when I get a stomach ache, (I also get nauseous) is to drink a small glass of buttermilk. This seems to help me more than anything else. Of course, there is also Pepto that you can take.

I have severe Acid Reflux Disease. Also had the beginnings of an ulcer. Things are much better now that I take my meds for the Acid Reflux.

You need to take some form of Acidophilus a few times a day. You can get this in the vitamin section of a drug store or health food shoppe. In your situation I would use from a health food shoppe and not the cheaper brands from a drug store. Acidophilus is also in yogurt, but you need more than that will provide. It will help balance your intestinal bacteria, especially if you take antibiotics. If you have taken a lot of antibiotics in the past, this may be all you need to correct an imbalance in your gut. If this doesn't help after a week or so, see your doctor. But continue to take the Acidophilus as well.

First of all, go to a doctor to see if you have an illness that needs medical attention. If its confirmed that it is indeed a simple stomach, try this. My sister (a RN) suggested it and I tried it and it has worked every time. Sip some hot water. (doesn't have to be boiling, just hot) Sip it, don't drink it as you would with any other drink. It eases the stomach and hopefully, this will help.

I would suggest that you do as suggested earlier-- keep a diary of what you eat, and see if there is something that is triggering the stomach aches. If you can't figure it out yourself, or even if you do, take the diary into the doctor. This info will help her diagnose the problem, especially if it is an allergy. I had bad stomach cramps for a few weeks some years ago, and I determined that it was things with caffeine. I switched to decaf, and was all better. I am now able to drink things with caffeine, so I don't know why I had the spell of trouble. Also, when you do go to the doctor, be specific. Do you have these stomach aches after every meal, every day after lunch, every day, all day long? What do you mean by "all the time"? It really helps to be able to be specific about describing your symptoms.

Many stomach problems are also related to stress, so this might also be something to consider.

And of course, there are actual serious problems such as ulcer, appendicitis, and so on.

And after you go to the doctor you can try lemon or ginger. Many pregnant women with morning sickness report that lemon drops or lemon tea helps soothe their stomachs. And just yesterday on Yahoo in one of their featured blurbs was a whole segment on stomach aches and making a tea with fresh ginger was one of the remedies. You might want to look that article up.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 13, 2009
Woman with Stomachache
Avoiding an Upset Stomach
Woman Exercising Abdominal Muscles
Exercising Abdominal Muscles
Woman With Body Aches
Home Remedies for Body Aches
Woman with an upset stomach.
Remedies for an Upset Stomach
🎄
🍂