Home Remedies for Body Aches

Category Home Remedies
Exercise, work around your house, and other activities can leave you with aches and pains. This is a guide about home remedies for body aches.

I use my car when I have migraines or even sinus congestion, have achy muscles or want some warm, sunny, dry comfort.

I live in NE Pennsylvania, not an incredibly HOT place most of the time, but when I feel sick or just need some shielded sunshine or dry heat treatment for my migraines or sinus congestion, I will sit in my car (parked in my driveway out in the sun) for a real heat treatment! I bet I could even bring out eucalyptus or Vicks VapoRub and place it on a tissue to add that to the warm air!

You might want to bring a timer to set if you only have a short time available or in case you fall asleep, which is a real possibility for me. You may bring a book or newspaper or just meditate in the peaceful warmth if you'd like and should crack a window slightly for fresh air circulation as well.

I find the hot dry air a comfort for my headaches and when I need a warm cozy spot for a few minutes. I must admit that I have taken a number of naps sitting up in the car, but I live rurally so no one is around to catch me snoozing!

I needed a way to heat up a rice bag I made for my sore neck. Alas, I don't use a microwave so my Hubby suggested using a crock pot to heat it up. Boy does that work great and you don't need to worry about burning the fabric or rice. True you need to plan ahead, maybe even use two crock pots. Just thought I would share this idea.

By Viki from Abbeville, AL

For general aches and pains, mix cayenne pepper powder with your favorite hand and body lotion. Keep adding the cayenne powder until the mixture is a pink color. Mix well. Then apply to the body area, of the ache or pain that is bothering you.