Remedies for Body Odor

Determining why a body smells even after bathing and what to do differently, can be a challenge. This is a guide about remedies for body odor.

I have done everything possible to get rid of my body odor, but nothing seems to work. I bathe twice a day, brush my teeth twice, sometimes 3x, I use dental floss frequently, I use lemon before bathing and good deodorants, but people keep frowning and cover their nose when I come around. I need urgent help.

By Miche V

Answers

Best Answer

Get some chlorophyll from the health food store & take as directed. The problem has to be solved from the inside. You need to detox.

Best Answer

Another hint is if your underarm odor is like pennies, you are lacking in copper. I know it sounds silly, but our bodies are made up of trace minerals. A deficiency of any of them makes out bodies react abnormally. I hope that helps. The others suggestions are spot on, too.

PBP

Okay I am a heavy man. I don't know why, but the last 5 years I've been smelling like poop. I shower 3 times a day, wipe my self with wipes after I poop and still smell foul. Please help me out. I'm having problems with my social life. I don't go anywhere because of my smell. Any ideas?

By big smelly

Answers

I've been studying nutrition for a great many years and body odor is usually caused by what we eat.

Stay away from all pork products. Start taking 1000 mg. of fish oil twice a day, and drink a glass of grape juice every day which is good for the heart and keeps your arteries clean.

I know this I old but their is a disorder called tmau it sounds like this could be what you have.

I am in Thailand, have been using coconut oil, baking soda, and essential oils instead of deodorant. I sweat a lot here in this climate. Funny enough I sweat more with cotton t-shirts or tank tops than cotton dress shirts. I do yoga, play badminton, and keep active. Even after a shower my towels have that sweet vinegary smell. I use mostly organic shampoos, conditioners, and body wash. When I use deodorant spray, I don't have any BO and sweat much much less. But I don't like using deodorant spray.

I eat probiotic yogurt (home made), drink lots of water, eat vegetables, little meat, and very healthy.

I'm going to try anti-bacterial soap to see if that stops it. But I'm wondering if there is something I can do to stop the sweet smell. No one has complained about it, but I can smell it in yoga and badminton. Even my laundry smells sweet. I suppose it's better than a bad smell. But again when using spray deodorant (very little of it), it's gone and I sweat much much less.

Answers

Nobody is going to complain to you about it. That would be rude. They'll just talk to each other about it behind your back.
The smell is stronger than you think it is. We all get used to our own body odors but they smell offensive to others.
I suggest you just use the deodorant. There is really no substitute for it. Especially since you are very active.

You are generally a healthy, organic type of person. But really, in this day and age, there is no way to avoid all chemicals. You will always come in contact with some. You can't make yourself live forever no matter how much you try, and there are some trade-offs we all make for the privilege of living in a society with other people.

Armpit odor is not only embarrassing but may be difficult to get under control. This is a guide about remedies for armpit odor.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about preventing underarm odor. Underarm odor can be embarrassing for anyone, but if you have trouble getting rid of it, that can be even worse. There are many ways to control underarm odor, find the one that works for you.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

How do you get rid of body odors? I have tried different deodorants, but nothing really works. Thanks.

By Marialyn from Philippines

Answers:

Body Odor Remedies

Excessive body odor is a sign that your diet isn't working properly. Cut out coffee, dairy, and sugar for a couple of weeks and eat more steamed vegetables and see how you go. You need to spring clean the inside of your body before the outside can be fixed. Everything you eat comes out in your skin eventually. The more goodness you put inside, the better the outside will be. (07/21/2010)

By Spanish Girl

Body Odor Remedies

Tree oil can be dangerous, beware! (07/21/2010)

By zimexlady

Body Odor Remedies

Pat on Milk of Magnesia under your arm pits, works better and longer than Mitchum's and is much, much cheaper. Hold your arms out until it dries. Save your $ for a better cause! (07/21/2010)

By zimexlady

Body Odor Remedies

Wash your underarms with liquid antiseptic soap. You only need a very small amount. I had a huge problem until I discovered this!

shoe (07/21/2010)

By sarsi

Body Odor Remedies

Try anti-bacterial soap first (Zest, Dial, etc.). Then use -antiperspirant. You can add powder on top too. (07/22/2010)

By mulberry204

Body Odor Remedies

The "crystal stones" used as deodorant are just rock salt. Salt is a preservative, it kills bacteria. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best: vinegar, salt, alcohol, washing frequently. Don't try to cover up a smell with another smell, it just doesn't cut it. (07/22/2010)

By kemperjl

Body Odor Remedies

I make a solution of water and grapefruit seed extract (10 drops/cup of water). I put it in a spray bottle. After I shower, I spray the "corners" and wait a minute before drying. My friend's husband works road construction: she mandates he do this. (07/24/2010)

By Barbls2

Body Odor Remedies

I have had this problem for over a year. I read all the suggestions on the internet, spoke to my OB/GYN and the problem still kept coming back. I recently went for annual physical with my primary Dr. I told him about problem and he said it was probably a yeast infection. He gave me a prescription and it worked! I have been carrying alcohol swabs, clinical strength deodorant, scrubbing my arm pits with exfoliator, etc. The problem went away in just a few days and now I'm three weeks out, using normal deodorant and no stink! I have not seen any references anywhere about this problem being linked to yeast infection so I felt obligated to post somewhere. (08/19/2010)

By no name given

Hi everyone, I really wanted to take the time and thank everyone for the tips. I've been suffering with BO for over 14 years. For the past 3 days I've been odor free. This is what I've been doing, hopefully it will work on some of you. I shower in the morning and lightly scrub my armpits with baking soda paste, then towel dry and lightly rub 50% alcohol with cotton, dry and put on Old Spice High Endurance deodorant. At night I lightly rub with hydrogen peroxide, dry, and put on same deodorant.

Good luck!

By rico36 from Chino, CA

Answers:

Body Odor Remedies

To combat body odor, take chlorophyll tablets daily. They are very inexpensive. Especially good for people whose skin expels the odor of onions and garlic. You must work internally to prevent the odor outcome (06/19/2010)

By Zippypotter

Body Odor Remedies

Excess body odor is often from a candida over-growth. If you deal with it inside, the odor will be a thing of the past. If it is candida, then you have more problems than just body odor. Candida is the cause of many health issues, many. It's the reason staff infections are so hard to treat, it has been found in the very center of cancer tumors and many other health problems. Do a search on Google and look at all the symptoms, see if any of them fit you. (06/19/2010)

By c t

Body Odor Remedies

Did you all know that tea tree oil is an antifungal? If it works for you, then candida is the problem, but it all comes from the inside. Doing stuff to kill odor on the outside, does nothing to kill it inside and you still have the problems caused by this horrible thing. (06/19/2010)

By c t

Sweating and odor, I will admit to it. I have tried a few things out there with no success till now. I thought I let you know what is working for me that I just discovered.

I first clean off my armpits with alcohol with baby wipes. Then I put a few drops of tea tree oil on a cotton ball and dab it on my armpits. I let it air dry and then you can put on your favorite deodorant. It really works (both tea tree and alcohol kill bacteria). So what do you use?

By Tomnsaby from ABQ, NM

Answers:

Body Odor Remedies

Dear Tom, If you are a male and use tea tree oil on a regular basis, please be aware that there are studies that link tea tree oil with gynomastica (Male breast growth). Tea tree oil is great but be aware of current research. (09/05/2009)

By readingiggits

Body Odor Remedies

Yes, I've been dousing my pits with alcohol regularly during the summer months. But, what works even better is Listerine. Buy only the original and unsweetened amber kind, not the blue mint or citrus. Not only does Listerine have alcohol in it, it also has menthol and eucalyptus which also kill fungus as well. Also, it really helps to take a zinc supplement daily if you have body odor or excess sweating. Zinc can help prevent body odor.

For some reason, as good as Tea Tree oil works, it's smell makes me want to gag! Sadly, I just can't stomach it. (09/05/2009)

By Cyinda

Body Odor Remedies

I use one of those crystal stones that you dampen and then apply to your armpits. (09/05/2009)

By Maryeileen

Body Odor Remedies

Mouthwash works very well. Sweating is necessary and deodorant cloggs glands. But odor control is necessary. I have used mouthwash in cotten pads for years. (09/05/2009)

By JUNKYMUNKY

Body Odor Remedies

I've read somewhere (maybe here) that in a pinch antibiotic hand washing gel works as a deodorant. Kills germ! (09/05/2009)

By merlene

Body Odor Remedies

Vinegar. I use it all summer. (09/08/2009)

By sandy63

Body Odor Remedies

Mix baking soda and cornstarch together and puff it on. The baking soda kills the odor and the cornstarch limits the perspiration. This is a great all over powder.

Also, I take a chlorophyll tablet every day. That kills the odor from the inside out. (A charcoal tablet works well, also, but if you take any medication, it can absorb the meds.)
(09/10/2009)

By Hobneffle

Body Odor Remedies

Eat lots of celery. Celery contains natural pheromones that make (men especially) smell nice to the opposite sex. The smell is quite powerful, but because it is similar to good human smells it is able to both mask bad smells and make us smell good also. In addition it is great for the complexion, sleep disorders, water retention and a whole load of other ailments. (11/29/2009)

By heroesfitness

I have B.O. problems and wet circles under my armpits. Deodorant doesn't work for me.