Removing Body Odor From Furniture

Category Furniture
The upholstery on your furniture can pick up body odor and need cleaning or refreshing. This is a guide about removing body odor from furniture.

How do you get rid of body odor in a microfiber recliner?

By rose from IL

Answers

The best thing I have found for this is Febreeze.

Nok-Out removes all odors. You can get it on Amazon.

I have a sectional sofa that everyone always ends up taking a nap on. It has recently begun to smell like sweat. I have tried steaming it, using Febreze, and upholstery cleaner and nothing seems to help. It still has the smell of body odor.

Any suggestions?
Lori

Answers

By Barbie (Guest Post)

Vinegar water

*Be sure to test that colors don't fade or bleed before treating sofa.* Mix in spray bottle: 16 oz. hydrogen peroxide, 2 tsp baking soda, 1-2 tsp hand dishwashing liquid. Spray on, rub w/ fingertips to foam a little if can, blot off excess after a few (10?) minutes w/ clean terry towel. Should not stink after treatment. This recipe was for cat urine stains/smells, but worked on my sofa, too. Note: Just mix what you think you will use at one time, not sure if it works or works as well after sitting a while. It works b/c of the chemical reaction of the ingredients. No fumes though. Good Luck!

How do I get body odor smell out of a sofa?

By Carol M.

Answers

Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with water to form a paste, apply to area where the smell is, leave there for 10 minutes, then wipe with wet towel, repeat if necessary. Note: make a test patch on a small area first to check if the color fades or bleeds, if not continue to apply the baking soda on the area. You can increase the paste if you need to cover a large portion of the sofa, just estimate the amount needed to cover the particular area of the sofa.

How do I get rid of the horrible smell of stinky feet and body odor from my furniture without breaking the bank?

By Yesenia Carranza from Orange County, CA

Answers:

Removing Body Odor from Furniture

Get some foam on carpet shampoo and let dry, then vacuum couch. Then use Febreze in your favorite scent, then don't let stinky feet on the couch. There is foot powder for stinky feet. (05/23/2009)

By kathleen blakley

Removing Body Odor from Furniture

You need to sprinkle a good layer of baking soda over the furniture. Leave it on for about 3 days. If you can't avoid using it, drape it in old sheets. Then vac the baking soda up. Then, if you aren't able to get the stinky back sweat smell off the back attached cushions, tip the sofa or chair back, where it will lay on its back, and repeat the process.

It worked on my son's truck, that had less than pleasant smells. I had to lean the bucket seats all the way back, and treat the backs the same way. (05/24/2009)

By Frances Adams

Removing Body Odor from Furniture

Use "Out!", it's an enzyme based spray-on pet cleaner-odor remover. The enzymes actually "eat" organic compounds (like sweat, urine, blood, etc). Out! is sold at Walmart for only $4.75 and it has a light vanilla scent (nothing strong), but it will totally get rid of the odor. Just spray it on, then cover the wet area with plastic wrap (so it stays wet). It only works when it's wet. Do this twice, 2 days in a row. No need to rinse unless you want to.

Another idea: You can try hydrogen peroxide. Put it into a well-marked spray bottle. Peroxide will fizz out the odor with oxygen. It also works with only organic stains and odors. This may lighten your fabric. Be sure to check a spot first. No need to rinse. (05/24/2009)

By Cyinda

Removing Body Odor from Furniture

I like Odo-Ban. Great stuff, you can buy big jugs at Sam's Club, but Walmart has smaller spray bottles. Ask for it if you don't see it, they put it in different sections in different stores. You can dilute if needed, check spot before. I used this in flooded basement (no smell after dry, and with incontinent parent ). It was wonderful. I put some on stinky clothes too, before wash and even in rinse. Good luck. (05/24/2009)

By Cassandra

Removing Body Odor from Furniture

Spray with white vinegar. It will smell like vinegar until it dries. (05/28/2009)

By 1stborn