Body Odor Smells Like Skunk

Your diet has a big effect on your body's ability to eliminate toxins. This can make your perspiration have a strong smell. This is a guide about body odor smells like skunk.

What causes "skunk-like" body odor?

By A. Lin

Answers

Best Answer

Diet is possibly the cause. Some foods just do not agree with some people's body chemistry. If I have even one junk food (candy, ice cream, chips, soft drinks, etc.) every day, after a few days, my body odor gets bad.

When I switch back to fresh fruits, veggies, water with lemon juice, and a swig of liquid chlorophyll every morning, the smell gets better then eventually goes away.

Best Answer

I can't find any information on this but since I was diagnosed w/ breast cancer 3 years ago, I too have the most horrid body odor. Not certain I would classify as "skunk-like" more like some harsh chemical. I can say it is so bad that I cannot ride in the A/C car without the windows down.

A gagging smell.

The best thing I've found to do is: bathe w/ anti-bacterial soap, dry off, wipe body down w/ alcohol soaked cotten pads, let dry, wipe off w/ Witch Hazel, put on tons of anti-perspirant. Sometimes I also put powder on the bad areas-under arms, groin, feet.

Good luck to you. If something works better for you, please share.

Best Answer

My husband is diabetic, and before he was diagnosed, he had a Parmesan cheese-like smell to his skin. Turns out it was bacteria growing in the sweat and oil glands,making hundreds of tiny little pimples under his skin. He was prescribed antibiotics,to no avail. Since getting his sugar under control, the problem is gone. maybe you have clogged oil glands,or are not removing bacteria from your body well enough when bathing. Clothes never being bleached can cause odor when worn and body heat warms them up.

Bleach everything you can,and take a hot tub bath as hot as you can stand,with a lot of vinegar in the water;soak in it for awhile. Chronic constipation can cause a terrible body and breath odor. Your skin and lungs are also organs of elimination,and must dispose of toxins from within the body too, causing body odor and bad breath. Change your diet, lots and lots of green vegetables. Notice if you have had a change of bowel or bladder habits,and screen for cancer.

Best Answer

Oh, and another thing; if you are a man, notice if your nighttime urination is especially stinky. My husband's was, it smelled exactly like a skunk.And turns out it was a prostate/diabetes-overloaded kidneys combination problem.

Best Answer

Your body needs lots of water to rid itself of odor (armpit, urine, groin and feet). If you are not on a good diet and lots of water you are going to have problems in this area. It can cause urinary tract infections, blocked glands, and liver problems just to mention a few.

Fresh lemon in your water and/or tea with honey and apple cider vinegar all help with this. It can also be a sign of diabetic problems. Talk to the Doc about it, but start drinking more good fluids (4 or 5 20oz bottles a day and no pop.

Best Answer

It's totally from what you eat. If I eat too much refined sugar, that skunk-like smell comes out of my sweat. Increasing exercise and eating cleaner (lots of greens, healthy protein and water) makes this smell go away.