Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Poinsettia "Tree"

Poinsettia

This tree is actually a poinsetta plant; it was a Christmas gift from my family a few years ago and I trained it as a tree form. It has full green lush leaves on it and it is a conversation piece on my back deck that it sets on. I have a small nativity scene at the base near the trunk of the "tree" and an ornament "J-o-y" hanging on one of its branches.

By WandaJo from Collierville, Tennessee

By

Recent Feedback

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Jo Parkinson (Guest Post)08/11/2006

WOW! That is amazing. I have never seen a Poinsettia that size before. In the UK Poinsettia's only last for a few weeks around Christmas.

By WandaJo (Guest Post)08/07/2006

I trained the poinsetta to be tree form by cutting it back and staking it after it "died down" after the holiday season; I kept it watered and even fertilized it. I kept it cut back until the growth started to grow up the stake; I secured it to grow "up"! When it is brought in the house after the summer season, it will drop its leaves but the bark of the trunk is so pretty; it will turn almost an ivory color and the branches are pretty. There will be a few leaves in sparse areas of the "tree" and at Christmas time I will decorate it with lights and tiny ornaments and tinsel.

By Karen (Guest Post)08/04/2006

How did you do that? I still have mine from last year (and it's still red) - I'd love to do that with it. Great Job!!

By Dana [1]08/04/2006

Good job on keeping it alive. I have to confess that I always accidentally commit poinsettia-cide. :)

By (Guest Post)08/04/2006

Wow..I've never seen one live to be that tall! Great job!

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to post feedback.