Poinsettia "Tree"

This tree is actually a poinsetta plant; it was a Christmas gift from my family a few years ago and I trained it as a tree form. It has full green lush leaves on it and it is a conversation piece on my back deck that it sets on. I have a small nativity scene at the base near the trunk of the "tree" and an ornament "J-o-y" hanging on one of its branches.

By WandaJo from Collierville, Tennessee

Wow..I've never seen one live to be that tall! Great job!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Good job on keeping it alive. I have to confess that I always accidentally commit poinsettia-cide. :)

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

How did you do that? I still have mine from last year (and it's still red) - I'd love to do that with it. Great Job!!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I trained the poinsetta to be tree form by cutting it back and staking it after it "died down" after the holiday season; I kept it watered and even fertilized it. I kept it cut back until the growth started to grow up the stake; I secured it to grow "up"! When it is brought in the house after the summer season, it will drop its leaves but the bark of the trunk is so pretty; it will turn almost an ivory color and the branches are pretty. There will be a few leaves in sparse areas of the "tree" and at Christmas time I will decorate it with lights and tiny ornaments and tinsel.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

WOW! That is amazing. I have never seen a Poinsettia that size before. In the UK Poinsettia's only last for a few weeks around Christmas.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Growing Poinsettia
Growing Poinsettia
Photos GardenAugust 4, 2006
Foam Cone Poinsettia Tree
Making a Foam Cone Poinsettia Tree
Paper Poinsettias Wreath
Making a Paper Poinsettias Wreath
Making a Beaded Poinsettia
Making a Beaded Poinsettia
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 11:51:03 AM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.