Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Decorating Ideas For A "Pizza" Cookie

I would like to make one of those large cookies that resemble a pizza. Any ideas on how to decorate it to look like a pizza? Not a decorator but I was thinking there must be some easy way to take pre-made candies and make them pizzish looking. I read I could take fruit roll ups and cut out little triangles for green peppers and thats as creative as I got.

Karen from Cinti, OH

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Mary Koehler [8]06/03/2008

When my husband taught school a student gave him a chocolate pizza for Christmas. It was a lot like the following recipe;

12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 pound white almond bark divided
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup rice cereal
1 cup peanuts
16 red maraschino cherries, quartered
3 tablespoons green cherries
1/3 cup coconut
1 teaspoon oil

Turn this recipe into a puzzle! [click]

Directions:

Melt chocolate with 14 ounce almond bark in large saucepan on low heat, stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in marshmallows, cereal and peanuts. Pour into greased 12 inch pizza pan. Top with cherries. Sprinkle with coconut. Melt remaining almond bark with oil over low heat. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over coconut. Chill. Store at room temperature.

This recipe from CDKitchen for Christmas Pizza serves/ma

By Barb (Guest Post)06/03/2008

What a cute idea, how about a thin layer of strawberry jam as "sauce" and grated white chocolate as "cheese".

By savedone (Guest Post)06/02/2008

If you are using coconut for "cheese" put it in a ziplock bag with a little yellow food coloring & shake well, also red jam spread thinly for "sauce' would help "glue" on the toppings, & those tiny chocolate chips for "ground beef.

By claudia [1]06/02/2008

The cookie is almost always choc chip so we need to complement the chocolate. Coat it with pudding died red with cherry flavoring.Use shaved white chocolate with some yellow candy making chocolate.Cherries can be cut in rings to look like olives in green and red varieties, .cut the bottoms off snowcaps with a warm knife.and use the discs for the pepperoni.Garnish with rainbow sprinkles.Who could complain if its not in the right colors?

By Liz (Guest Post)06/02/2008

Using white spice drops, snip them into small pieces to resemble onions.

By Marjorie C. Woodworth [82]05/30/2008

Found this website with ideas of different cookie cakes.

http://www.cookiesbydesign.com/search.aspx?Keyword=cookie+cake

By samaree [3]05/30/2008

I would spread the cookie base with cream cheese and honey or fruit cream cheese and top with strawberry or raspberry preserves. Then use sliced strawberries for "pepperoni", sliced kiwi (minus the middle part with the seeds) for "green peppers" and thinly sliced black grapes for "olives". Top with coconut and white chocolate for "cheese".

Good luck!

By KL [3]05/30/2008

We always just used melted choc chips on top of the cookie and then crushed a butterfinger candy bar until it was 'dust' and sprinkled that over and then M&M's minus the blue ones and either a white chocolate bar that you shred with a grater or peeler or coconut for the cheese on top.

I hate black licorice but you could cut licorice or licorice type candies to look like sliced olives.

Spice drops or gumdrops can either be sliced or molded or rolled out or cut out into shapes for either the veggies or maybe the pepperoni slices. Any type of softer candy like salt water taffy kisses could be molded or cut or rolled too. Fruit roll-ups would be good for making shapes. And if you have access to Marzipan it would make just about any shape you want but it is pricey.

This link uses

Strawberry fruit jerky, cut into 1-inch diameter "pepperoni" rounds
white chocolate shreds for cheese

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/rec ... ecipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_35114,00.html

I would go to a store with a big candy section or bulk candy section like some grocery stores have and see what colors and shapes inspire you.

Now I am having cravings!