Birthday Party Hat
Many birthdays have a theme. When my grandson's birthday came around we couldn't find a party hat with the characters he wanted on it. Using one of the plates, I cut it out and made his hat.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes for each hat
- 1 large piece cardboard for each hat
- 1 hat pattern
- pencil or ink pen
- rubber band
- printed design
- any wording you wish to use
- hot glue gun and glue
- glue stick
- Trace your hat pattern onto the back of cardboard. Cut the pattern out as suggested or add an inch or so to make it bigger.
- Place your printed words and picture on the cut out hat. I cut out part of the picture to make it fit on the hat a little better. Glue them in place with the glue stick. Glue your pattern onto the hat.
- Make the hat by rolling it into a cone. Hot glue the edges at the back of the hat to keep it together.
- Glue down any extra pieces of the pattern that may be sticking up.
- Cut a thin rubber band in two. Place one end inside the hat and put the stapler underneath so that the staple's large end will show on the outside. Wiggle it in place and staple on both ends.
- Tie a knot in both the ends so they don't come off.
Voila you have a specialty birthday hat for your child's party.
By Maphisx7 from VA
July 23, 20130 found this helpful
Easy and Nice
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 9, 2016 at 6:44:14 PM on 10.0.1.54 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us