How to Make Felt Fortune Cookies
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
February 13, 2018
The best part of opening a fortune cookie is receiving your paper fortune, so these felt versions can save you from ingesting too many cookies! They can be reused, too, so this is a great craft for Valentine's Day, Chinese New Year, and many other celebrations.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 5 fortune cookies
- pieces of felt
- ring of masking tape
- pipe cleaners
- hot glue gun
- plain white paper
- Place the ring of masking tape on top of a piece of felt. Trace around the ring with a pencil.
- Cut out the circle of felt.
- Repeat with other pieces of felt.
- Lay a piece of pipe cleaner over the circle and cut it so it's just a bit shorter than the diameter of the circle.
- Fold the circle in half to make an indentation at the halfway point. Unfold and use the indentation as a guide to lay down a thin line of hot glue all the way across.
- Lay a piece of pipe cleaner on top of the hot glue. Press down to secure. Repeat with all the circles.
- While the glue dries, cut out little strips of white paper shorter than the diameter of the felt circles.
- Handwrite your messages onto the strips of paper.
- To shape the circle into a fortune cookie, first fold it in half.
- Angle the two sides toward each other, bending the wire at its halfway point.
- Flip over to see the puffier side.
- Gently peel back one flap of the cookie and insert a fortune.
- Close back up. They are ready to go!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.