Making Paper Fortune Cookies
Paper fortune cookie are a cute little craft that you can put a small surprise in. This is a guide about making paper fortune cookies
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These paper fortune cookies are quick and easy to make and a fun feature of any party or gathering.
Total Time: 1 minute
- paper circles
- glue dots
- encouraging, comforting, or funny sayings
- I used ready cut paper circles intended to cover home made preserve jars. They have a pretty scalloped edge, but a plain edge is fine. You could also cut out circles by drawing around a bowl or saucer. It will take only a minute or so to assemble one paper fortune cookie.
- First take a paper disc and fold it in half with right sides together.
- Crease it at the centre only.
- Unfold and stick a glue dot at one edge in line with the crease. You can use any glue, but glue dots or double sided sticky tape give instant adhesion.
- Fold your circle in half the other way with wrong sides together and pinch to stick.
- Choose some witty or encouraging sayings and type them into a word processor and print them, or you could write them out by hand. You will find plenty of sayings using a search engine if you can't think of any yourself.
- Pop a saying inside.
- Place a sticky dot here at one end on the right side.
- Push against the crease with your thumb and draw the two ends together.
- Pinch together to stick.
- Paper fortune cookies make a pretty and fun addition to tea parties, dinner parties, wedding breakfasts, or any social gathering.
January 11, 20160 found this helpful
I love this idea! Thanks for posting