Email Yourself Important Notes

Instead of having a lot of little pieces of paper with important notes lying around on my desk, I send an email to myself with the important information. Then I create personal folders in my email so I can file each email in its appropriate folder. This helps me to stay organized.

By Rachel's Mom

That's great until it crashes. I tape cards to a paper calender and add them to my cell phone as well. If three methods fail, it wasn't meant to be!

It was so funny to see this tip. I email myself all the time! I send information to my Gmail account so I can access it from anywhere, and at the bottom of the note I type in key words that I may use in a search when looking for that information. Even the tipster's signature could be mine - I have a Rachel also! :)

July 9, 2009 Flag

When I make an appointment I go to my Yahoo datebook and set it up to send myself at least two email reminders of the upcoming event.

By Lynn

Email Reminders for Appointments

I am a big fan of Google Calendar (you need a gmail account for it). It lets you choose when to receive a reminder (1 day, 1 hour...), and how (sms on your phone or e-mail). You can also have a daily agenda sent to you every morning at 5am. A life saver for a featherbrain like myself :-) (01/05/2009)

By Anonymous

Photo of a person clicking on their inbox.
Organizing Your Email
Organizing Memory TricksJuly 13, 2009
AOL Email
Troubleshooting Problems With AOL Email
Junk Mail or Email Spam
Preventing Junk Mail or Email Spam
Friendly Man With Email
Email Etiquette
thank you note ideas
Sending Thank You Notes