Canning and Preserving Pears - Recipes

I am looking for canning recipes for pears.

By Donna from Chickamauga, GA

The Ball canning book has a number of recipes and canning info. I have followed the directions there for "regular" pears and also cinnamon pears. Both were delicious.

I like to make pear juice. It helps if you have a good juicer. I wash, peel and cut into pieces to fit the hole in the top of the machine and juice making sure I have some fruit fresh in the receiving container to keep the juice from turning brown, no sugar added. I water bath in quart jars for 5 minutes after it come back to a boil.

Freshly Canned Pears Near Pears in a Bowl
Canning Pears
Food and Recipes Canning FruitSeptember 15, 2010
Growing Quince, Canning Quince, Freezing Quince, Peeling Quince, Storing Quince. Selecting Good Quince. Holding Out a Ripe Quince
Canning Quince
Freezing Artichokes, Storing Artichokes, Canning Artichokes
Canning Artichokes
Canning Beets, Drying Beets, Growing Beets, Selecting Good Beets, Peeling Beets, Freezing Beets, Fresh Whole and Sliced Beets
Canning Beets
Jar of canned papaya balls in syrup.
Canning Papayas