Browsing: Uses for Prescription Bottles

Portable Sewing Kit in a Prescription Bottle

One way to reuse prescription bottles is as a portable sewing kit. Put a spool of thread into the bottle, pierce a small hole in the lid and run the thread end out the lid. Put several needles and pins, however many you might need, inside.

This way I can take sewing projects with me and finish them while I am waiting for appointments, etc. When I have a number of items to mend or hem, I either stack different bobbins in the bottle in different colors or use gray thread, which blends with almost any color.

By Lynn

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

This is a fantastic idea! I have been holding onto a very large rx bottle for over a year because I just knew there had to be some use for the thing. Thanx!

A great idea. You can also use empty 35mm film cannisters. I have one I use for a sewing kit and also have one for an emergency "boo-boo" kit. It's filled with small ready to use antibiotic ointment, alcohol preps, gauze, band-aids, etc.

I love these ideas.

I have a bag full of Rx bottles, that a local hospital will take for recycling to third world countries.

But I always keep some myself for things like this.

Another thing that I found, a small Rx bottle holds Ten Dollars in quarters. I have given those with the label removed as a gift for a kid's birthday and even for a college student having to use washers.

I am going to make a Boo-boo kit now, and a sewing kit for my overnight bag.

pill bottle hide a key
Uses for Prescription Bottles
Crafts SewingFebruary 2, 2005
Prescription Eyeglasses Sitting on Eye Chart
Saving Money on Prescription Eyeglasses
rock hide a key
Making a Pill Bottle Hide-a-Key
Empty Pill Bottles
Craft Ideas for Used Medicine or Pill Bottles
Homemade Sewing Kits
Homemade Sewing Kits
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 25, 2016 at 1:09:10 AM on 10.0.2.98 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.