PetsProduct Reviews

Reviews of Synthetic Potty Grass for Dogs

I have been looking at the fake grass potty boxes for little dogs to use and I would like your thoughts and ideas, experiences, or opinions on this. I have saved lots of money before by getting opinions and experiences here first before buying things.

Blessings.

By Robyn from Hampton, TN

I use one of these for my two chihuahuas. The female took to it right away but the male did not. I don't know maybe he needed a fire hydrant to lift his leg to. Also you do have to empty the tray underneath at least twice a day or you end up with an odor that is very unpleasant. It is better than having urine and feces on my floor but it is not altogether all I need it to be. It is difficult to drain the tray that is underneath also without spilling the urine. I still have mine placed in my bathroom for them but we purchased a doggie door and now they just go outside to go potty which works for me.

I had a friend with a very small dog who simply used a litter box, and lined it with the blue puppy pads instead of litter. Another friend actually uses a cat litter box (with litter) for her small dog (Maltese).

A question I have about the grass ones: can you "line" it with newspaper to absorb the urine?

Thank you both, very much. This answers my questions completely! I never would have thought of the litter box and the wee wee pads, and never thought of the issue of a male dog using it either, I can imagine the nasty smell coming from the drawer in it.

I have definitely decided against it completly. You have saved me the money I would have spent on it.

Bless you and again, thank you very much for your quick response!

Blessings,

Robyn