Softening Ice Melt

How can I soften ice melt? I bought a 20 pound bag last year, and it is in one solid block now. Is there any way to put it back to it's original state, other than chopping it up?

Linda J. from Brooklyn, NY

Linda,

I think the only thing that you can use would be a spade/shovel or just drop the bag on the concrete to break it. I think pouring anything on it would make the situation worse.

My 2¢

~Dawn

http://www.frugalforlife.com

I have the same problem you've described. I do what the previous person mentioned. I sometimes wish I had an ice pick to break up the grains. We must fine water proof containers to store our product because over the summer it collects moisture from the air. (sigh)

Good luck

Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Ice Cubes
Making Ice Last Longer
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 10:56:47 PM on 10.0.1.229 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.