How Can I Join or Start a Craft Group?

I am trying to find crafters living close to Santa Monica, CA or the West area of Los Angeles. I would like to relate to people in this area and get together to create different projects. How do I locate craft groups or start my own?

By Marcia from Santa Monica, CA

Check out Meet Up .com for your area! Then post an ad to "meetup" with like mined and goals people in your area. When you get enough people together to do a meetup, you schedule it at a public place or wherever.

Good Luck!

In the area I grew up in the Parks and Recreation Dept had programs all the time and gave rooms to groups for meeting. Check your local P&R and see if they do the same. You could also check with a boys & girls club and offer to give classes on your craft. Another possibility is a nursing home. Again, offer to help the elderly learn your craft or share crafts they have done in the past.

Crafts AdviceJune 2, 2010
A group of men dressed up like fruit.
Group Halloween Costume Ideas
Food for a Large Group
Preparing Food for a Large Group
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making an Owl Costume
Sloppy joes for a large group.
Making Sloppy Joes for a Large Group
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 4:13:56 AM on 10.0.2.240 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.