How Can I Join or Start a Craft Group?

I am trying to find crafters living close to Santa Monica, CA or the West area of Los Angeles. I would like to relate to people in this area and get together to create different projects. How do I locate craft groups or start my own?

By Marcia from Santa Monica, CA

Check out Meet Up .com for your area! Then post an ad to "meetup" with like mined and goals people in your area. When you get enough people together to do a meetup, you schedule it at a public place or wherever.

Good Luck!

In the area I grew up in the Parks and Recreation Dept had programs all the time and gave rooms to groups for meeting. Check your local P&R and see if they do the same. You could also check with a boys & girls club and offer to give classes on your craft. Another possibility is a nursing home. Again, offer to help the elderly learn your craft or share crafts they have done in the past.

Crafts AdviceJune 2, 2010
Food for a Large Group
Preparing Food for a Large Group
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making an Owl Costume
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Sloppy joes for a large group.
Making Sloppy Joes for a Large Group
🎉
🎄