Bling Shoes

I had seen these bling shoes at the local children's boutiques, but could not stomach the $100 price tag that they went for so I figured out how to make them myself.

These are the shoes like the ones that Nicole Richie has for her little girl. You can use the expensive crystals that really shine but for a 4 year old the cheap jean star ones at Hobby Lobby are just fine. I have posted a tutorial on my blog. Trailsofafrazzledmom.blogspot.com

My daughter will not take them off for less than 20 bucks she looks like a movie stars kid!

By Anna from AR

Sonds like my mother! She would say "we can MAKE that!" And so we did - what a great life lesson - your daughter is learning it EARLY, too.

i hope you are kidding about the $20.

I love those, thanks for posting the tutorial.

Zig

The shoes were 6 bucks at Walmart and the crystals were bought for $2.99 a pack and I used about 4 packs so just a little less than 20 dollars. no one can tell they are not converse and when I take her to the boutiques to look around they think that I bought them from them for th4e $100 plus dollars. I will be posting a skirt tute soon (when I get time in a few weeks) so keep an eye out!

Wow, this is so creative. If my little girl was still little I would definitely do this!

These are too cute! And not neccesarily just for kids. I'm going to make some for my grown (20 w/a baby) daughter for Christmas. I might change up the color scheme to suit her interests and tastes. Oh I just thought -- it would be really cute to make some for my daughter and a matching pair for my granddaughter!

Thanks for the inspiration.

Hi Frazzled Mom:

I love your "Bling Shoes". Way to go! I aways say, where there is a will there is a way.

One of the ladies freaked out co'z it costed you $20.00 for the crystals. Hey! I say it is much less then $100.00, and you and your daughter are both happy. I am happy you went for it, and did it for your daughter. You must be some mom to take such interest. You sound like me.

In fact, I love them so much I think I will have to make myself a pair with crystal, too.

I checked your blog and it is very interesting too.

When one wants to do something I say "Just Go For It". You are a lady not only do you inspire me, but I would just hope there would be a few a more like you.

Thanks.

Suki

I wish I would have found this earlier before I went and bought some for 140.00! Ouch - 20 bucks on the crystals is WAY cheaper - I can't wait to get started!

red shoes with feathers
Decorating Shoes
Crafts ClothingJuly 8, 2008
Blue beaded flip flops on woman's feet.
Decorating Flip Flops
colorful paints
Painting Sneakers
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
🎄