Games for an Adult Birthday Party

I'm having a 30th surprise party for my husband. It's going to be at the Fox and Hound, where I have reserved 2 of the pool tables. I'm inviting 25-35 people, my question is what can we do while there besides drink and play pool? I'd like to have some games to do to get everyone involved but I have searched on the net and only find horribly silly games or things that are not appropriate. Any ideas?

Jennifer from Oklahoma

Ok, I have a couple of ideas, but they are not for everyone...

one is a scavenger hunt; depending on how well people know each other you can have them search for 'a person who's middle name is helena' or 'who was born in Illinois', or make it more general like "spot someone wearing a red shirt' (which might not happen) or 'who was born in the month of January'... have like 25 of these and announce that people will have 2 hours to mingle and then whoever gets the most answers gets a prize (which, while you're there, could be a pitcher of beer ;)

this gets people out of their 'couple' and mingling quite well. You would just have to sit around with a couple of close invitee friends to come up with a list and then make one copy for each person. You could even have "what color is the 2 ball" in case there are some people not interested in pool that would bring them to the table!

Another is to bring 3x5 index cards and tape to put a card on each person's back: each card will have the name of a famous person (like marilyn monroe, or abraham lincoln) and who ever guesses who they are (by asking other people questions about themselves, like, "am I male or female" "was I a good person or a bad person?" "was I in politics or show business?") gets a prize... the prizes can be whatever fits in with your crowd--you might find some good stuff at a dollar store, like votive candles or something. I guess buying everyone a beer might get costly--but if you were planning on it anyway, this way makes it more of a 'prize' :)

have fun!

I write a blog detailing archaic and bizarre party games, many from my youth, but many suitable for adults

Montegue Blister

http://strange-games.blogspot.com/

I have the same problem. I can't figure out any games to play.

Adults Playing Party Game
Party Games for Adults
Holidays and Parties Parties GamesApril 30, 2006
Saving Money on Video Games
Saving Money on Video Games
Adults at Birthday Party
Adult Birthday Party Ideas
Birthday Prize Ideas for Adults
Birthday Prize Ideas for Adults
Woman playing Wii
Saving Money on Wii Games
🎉
🎄