Make Refrigerator Pie Crust Taste Better

I love the convenience of refrigerated pie crusts, but I must say, I do not like the flavor of the crust when I am making a dessert pie (as opposed to a quiche).

So, before I put my pie in the oven I pour about 1 tablespoon of milk in a cup and add a dash of vanilla extract (You only need about an 1/8 tsp.). I brush that on the crust and lightly sprinkle with sugar. What a difference it makes! I recently used almond extract when I made a cherry pie and it was delicious.

By Carol from Landisville, PA

I'll have to try that! I cook mainly from scratch but I REALLY don't like making pie crusts and my husband swears he can tell the difference. I'll see if this will fool/pacify him.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingJune 2, 2008
An apple pie with a delicious looking pie crust.
Pie Crust Tips and Tricks
cheesecake with graham cracker crust
Dessert Ideas With a Graham Cracker Crust
Pie Crust Recipes
Pie Crust Recipes
Photo of vanilla wafer cookies which can be used to make pie crust.
Cookie Pie Crust Recipes