Oil Of Oregano For Nail Fungus

I have had nail fungus on two toenails for years. Both nails became so thick that it hurt me to wear closed shoes. I went to the podiatrist and he sold me some oil for $40 for a half ounce. I used it faithfully. When that ran out I bought some more. But after a year, the improvement was so slight it was useless. At that rate, it would be ten years before they healed.

I did recall that he said any remedy for nail fungus had to be oil based in order to penetrate the nail. I had some oil of oregano that I had used for a sore throat. I read up on it, and one of its wonderful abilities is to kill fungus. I have been using it for six months now, and the bad part of both nails is almost completely grown out. The new nails look so healthy! I am jazzed!

I will keep using this oil (which retails for around $30 for a one ounce bottle) for about a year to make sure the fungus is gone. I hope this helps someone. I have a dear friend who elected to have her toenails all removed. (shudder)

By Coreen from Rupert, ID

When I developed a fungus on my big toe my doctor sent me to Walmart to buy a jar of Vicks salve. I spread it over the infected area twice a day and could see the results in less than a week. It took close to a month to grow out but I haven't had any problems since.

Someone on here one time said try Vicks Vapor Rub the dollar store brand and apply it to the nail and under and rub in, almost instant results and I had thick callouses on the heels and big toe and it softened them and they peeled and are normal in less than 3 months.

Tea tree oil is very effective also and can be quite a bit cheaper to purchase. I had the same problem with toe nails on both feet and am happy to say I have lovely healthy nails now! It does take applying the oil at least once a day for a number of months until the nails grow out.

After trying prescription lotion, pills, & paint on stuff, I read about tea tree oil. Used it 2X per day & in about 3-4 months

the fungus was gone. When I told my Dr., he took down the information (including where to get it) & said he was going to pass it on to other patients. If it irritates your skin...mix it with a little bit of olive, sesame, almond oil, etc.

Nail Fungus Remedies
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 21, 2011
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Health Benefits of Oregano Oil
Health Benefits of Oregano Oil
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
Growing Oregano
Growing Oregano
🎄