Cleaning Vinyl Floor Tiles - Categories:

FloorsCleaning

Cleaning Vinyl Floor Tiles

I have cream colored vinyl tiles on my kitchen floor. Despite regular cleaning, these tiles have gotten really dirty. I can see dirt and grime in the grooves. I have used ammonia (diluted with water), Pinesol, ivory dish liquid, etc. Nothing seems to work. Can someone suggest a safe cleaning solution? I have an infant in the house so I cant use too much of any harsh chemicals.

SB from PA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I have a H2O mop that uses water and does a fast and thorough job it is from a company called Thane I' would buy it again in a heartbeat!

I use Goo Be Gone on the difficult areas. The Armstrong dealer told me to use SoftScrub which also works.

If you are still having problems send me an email. I strip and wax vinyl floors and will offer some advice to you. kennethleehutch AT netzero.com

Cleaning vinyl floor tiles, having read the comment that steam cleaning was the way to go, I tried this, it did not work and the tiles shrank so new tiles now needed.

I have white, faux marble vinyl tiles in the foyer and in one of my bathrooms. The only thing that cleans this tile is Formula 409. Spray it on, let it set for about a minute, then mop it up with a damp mop. Up will come all that dirt and grime that was immoveable before. Works every time without fail, like magic.

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsSeptember 18, 2007
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
Old brown tile
Repairing Uneven Tile Floor
Ceramic Floor Tile
Fixing Cracks in Ceramic Floor Tile
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 11:47:17 PM on 10.0.2.220 in 978 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.