Cleaning Vinyl Floor Tiles

I have cream colored vinyl tiles on my kitchen floor. Despite regular cleaning, these tiles have gotten really dirty. I can see dirt and grime in the grooves. I have used ammonia (diluted with water), Pinesol, ivory dish liquid, etc. Nothing seems to work. Can someone suggest a safe cleaning solution? I have an infant in the house so I cant use too much of any harsh chemicals.

SB from PA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

I use Goo Be Gone on the difficult areas. The Armstrong dealer told me to use SoftScrub which also works.

Best Answer

I have white, faux marble vinyl tiles in the foyer and in one of my bathrooms. The only thing that cleans this tile is Formula 409. Spray it on, let it set for about a minute, then mop it up with a damp mop. Up will come all that dirt and grime that was immoveable before. Works every time without fail, like magic.

I have a H2O mop that uses water and does a fast and thorough job it is from a company called Thane I' would buy it again in a heartbeat!

If you are still having problems send me an email. I strip and wax vinyl floors and will offer some advice to you. kennethleehutch AT netzero.com

I have dirty upside down vst vinyl tiles that I need to clean well. What do you recommend and after its clean...what should I use to seal it? Thank you....Bob

Cleaning vinyl floor tiles, having read the comment that steam cleaning was the way to go, I tried this, it did not work and the tiles shrank so new tiles now needed.

Floor cleaning tools like mop, rags, etc. displayed on vinyl tile floor
Cleaning Vinyl Floors
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsSeptember 18, 2007
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Ceramic Floor Tile
Fixing Cracks in Ceramic Floor Tile
Scuffed Vinyl Flooring
Removing Scuffs from Vinyl Floors
Close up image of dog's water dish on wood plank vinyl flooring
Cleaning White Water Stains on Vinyl Flooring
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 21, 2017 at 11:20:55 PM on 10.0.2.108 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.