Keeping Mint Leaves Fresh

How do I keep the mint leaves fresh?

By jayasree

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

Wrap the mint in a moistened paper towel. Place the towel in a plastic bag and seal it, and then place the bag in the vegetable drawer of your fridge. Good luck.

I keep mine wrapped in the store veggie bag on the top shelf of my fridge (I do this with all fresh herbs) and they stay fresh for about a week and a half. Plus I don't forget I have them storing them that way because they're not hidden away ;-)

When it looks like they might be going bad and haven't used them all yet I place them in a small freezer bag and keep them on the door compartment of my freezer because they'll still be good as a cooking ingredient :-)

Fresh Mint
Storing Fresh Mint
Food and Recipes StorageMarch 31, 2010
Vanilla Ice Cream With Mint on Top
Recipes Using Mint
Mint Brownies
Mint Brownie Recipes
Canning Mint Sauce
Canning Mint Sauce
Altoids and Other Mint Tins
Uses for Altoid Candy or Mint Tins
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:47:38 AM on 10.0.0.96 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.