Storing Paper Scraps

I use a regular household file, the sort with a fold over lid and handle, to store offcuts of card. I sort them by colour. It's easy to find the colour I need. I place all the similar shades in the same section in a penny pocket so when I need to use, i.e.: red, I just need to take out the reds. I also find it so easy to take with me if I am doing a charity craft session.

It's also useful for card toppers, ie: birthdays, with all the different styles, even the greeting off other cards that can be recycled. There is also less waste as none get damaged or lost. This is a big help when you need to use a portable carrier away from your studio.

By Mary from United Kingdom

What is a "penny pocket?"

Jill from Tucson, AZ, USA

I have a box also with all unused envies in it. Also junk mail has some papers you can write on. We have a lot of them..lol. I do recycle some or I would have a TON of boxes, but I use the cards also for a quick note or special occasion.

Michelle in PA

Colored craft paper.
Organizing Craft Paper
Organizing CraftsFebruary 25, 2009
Food Scraps
Uses for Food Scraps
Potholders From Fabric Scraps
Making Potholders From Fabric Scraps
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
Craft Using Fleece
Crafts Using Fleece Scraps
🎄