Preventing Silk Flowers from Fading in the Sun

The silk flowers I place on grave sites seem to fade very fast in the sun. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the colors stay brighter longer?

don'tknow how well this works but i read it elsewhere: spray the flowers with wd40. it makes them waterproof and holds the colors (so they say)

i'd try it on a flower that fell off or something like that first, but you just never know till you try!! good luck, carla in missouri

I know something that i think will help. Try spraying them with 2 coats of shellac/lacquer while they are still new. Let them dry completely between coats. I've done this for things I was going to put in my yard or even inside near a window that gets a lot of sunlight. It should help with the silk flowers not to fade so quickly. Good luck.

Every year i go out and put fresh silk flowers on 16 graves and i pick out light color ones as i have found they dont fade as fast as the dark ones and they last up to one year

grave cross made of artificial flowers
Protecting Silk Flowers at Gravesites
Crafts FloralJune 18, 2006
Golden silk fabric
Cleaning Silk
Silk Wedding Flowers
Silk Flower Wedding Centerpieces
silk flowers in a glass vase
Coloring Silk Flowers
Making Silk Flower Angels
Making Silk Flower Angels
🎉
🎄