Vitamin E for Hair Repair

Fabulous hair repair tip! Vitamin E capsules are a CHEAP and fantastic remedy for dry hair, split ends and damaged hair. Take about 20 or so capsules (depending on damage...mine was severe!) and cut them open with a pair of small scissors. Take the gel and put on the ends of your damaged hair. It is tedious and time consuming but it really works!

Continue until all ends are covered. Work the gel in well and leave on your hair for at least an hour. I left mine on 2 hours while I cleaned house. Then shampoo and style as usual. You won't believe the difference! Try it!

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

You can purchase vitamin E in a bottle to save yourself the time of cutting the capsules. It is not expensive.

Instead of all those gel capsules, I have found little bottles of vitamin E oil at Walmart and Long's Drugstore. They are supposedly good for wrinkles on the face. The bottles are only about $2-$3. Never thought about putting it in the hair. Thanks for the tip!

I will start with the vitamine E cream that I use every day around my eyes and for my feet, especially, and over all my body, after I shower. If I don't use it every day, the surrounding of my eyes darken and my heels get all dry. I don't think it'll be bad for my hair, either.

Andre

Haven't tried vit E for hair but I have used oilive oil and left it on my hair for a few hours before I shampooed.

my mom adds vitamin E oil to her dollar store moisturizer.

her skin looks looks pretty good at 62.

Most Vit. E is from Soy Oil, which is REALLY what "coats" the hair which is dead the minute it comes out of the scalp, like nails. It's just not a live part of our body, as we are often led to believe. So, most any sort of oil will make it "appear" to be "corrected", when in fact it's just a coating like furniture polish, and will be absorbed like when applied to a thin piece of wood, improving the feel, but not the actual "health" of the hair.

Warning: Those of you who color or bleach your hair will find the oils are likely a serious obstacle to the chemical you use, and will do well to use "Clarifying Shampoo" a day or so before any color treatment/removal. Two exceptions: Henna, which NEEDS an essential oil to do it's best in coloring over the MANY hours of processing it takes. Home perms often need to be on "dirty" or "mildly dirty" hair/scalp, so that it doesn't burn the hair/scalp. Using a shampoo intended for "dry" hair/scalp is better a few days before a perm or Henna treatment.

Frosting/tippings/foiling is often unsuccessful unless done by a professional, or unless done on thicker hair with the correct formula, each hair being thicker than thin. Remember too that the darker the colorant, the more likely one is at risk to female Cancer, for some awful reason, except for Henna.

Hope this helps in how you think about your hair. Don't worship it, even if it's thick and "healthy" looking, because overall body health/nutrients and genetics is what determines thickness, shape, texture, and natural color. Nicer hair doesn't make for a nicer person. It's what's INSIDE that counts, right?

Remember also that the thinner each hair, the less color there is to remove in bleaching, so don't leave it on too long nor make it too strong in bleach. The same for most colorants, the thinner the hair, the less time it takes. Timing can make/break the hair.

Many shampoos/conditioners are too harsh for normal hair, certainly after damaged by coloring chemicals, so be AWARE of this and use gentle shampoo for any damage that's significant, as well as use lower heat in blow-drying. Natural hair is the ideal, what God intended for us all, but it can be "lightly" enhanced with color about every 6 weeks on the ROOTS ONLY, because the rest of it has too much damage to be damaged even further, if previously enhanced, right?

Beware of great claims on hair products, special "silks" and shimmers", because they can alter the hair in such a way as to make it hard to recuperate. Metallic salts interfere with coloring and bleaching, and the results are often different than expected.

Please don't respond with some big exception that you feel you have experienced, but, rather, " if the hairnet fits, wear it". lol

God bless, guide and help you. : )

I like the capsules myself because they are assured fresh, whereas a a bottle once opened loses it's value with each passing day!

Try cracking two eggs in a bowl and adding a few drop of lime juice and one tbs of honey. Leave for 4o minutes and then shampoo and condition your hair and see the miracle!

Can I just break open a few vitamin E capsules and add them up to my bottle of shampoo?

The vitamin e capsules are actually more concentrated I have heard than the bottles. So I'm thinking even though it might be time consuming, it'll be worth it.

I've got lots of vitamin E capsules at home, I never thought of putting them in my hair, but I'll try it now! Maybe I'll even use the egg&honey recipe. My hair is shiny at the top & dull at the bottom, so I think my split ends will heal once I use these natural remedies. Thanks! :)

I've got lots of vitamin E capsules at home, I never thought of putting them in my hair, but I'll try it now! Maybe I'll even use the egg & honey recipe. My hair is shiny at the top & dull at the bottom, so I think my split ends will heal once I use these natural remedies. Thanks! :)

I take Vitamin E capsules every night. It works! My hair had lost its volume some months back. My beautician advised me this. It really helped. But dont continue once ur hair is back to normal.

During the past 14 days I been using 1000 IU of E gel caps. Break them open then apply to my hair/scalp. Just 1000 IU, One cap, and after few days my hair was clearly damaged! It became so dry, incredibly dry, brittle, and thin...can see my scalp through the lumps of hair strands. I am so baffled by this development, and wish there is an answer to this tragic sudden damage. I cant possibly describe the full extent of horrible look of my hair now. Its like chemically damaged sheep's wool. Burned like! Could this all be from the damn Vitamin E 1000 IU caps used some 6 times over 14 days. Help!

I cant believe the change.

Comment

A woman looking at the ends of her damaged hair.
Remedies for Damaged Hair
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips Dry HairJanuary 17, 2008
Cute Guinea Pig
Giving Vitamin Supplements to Guinea Pigs
Homemade Vitamin Water
Homemade Vitamin Water Recipes
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 27, 2016 at 7:04:28 PM on 10.0.1.75 in 795 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.