Buying Travel Knit Fabric

I am having difficulty finding fabric stores that carry "travel knit", both in the garment district and online. Any ideas? The stores I have found it in usually have 1 bolt of 1 color - which I already have.

Nancy from New York, NY

If you're looking for a fabric sometimes known as slinky, try on line at

www.macpheeworkshop.com. Linda MacPhee (located in Canada) sells this fabric on line and the patterns for sewing it up. I have recently found some of the slinky garments in thrift shops where the price is definitely right for my pocketbook.

When my Dh and I took a trip a few years ago to the United Kingdom, I tried to get by using some of our regular garments that I thought would wash by hand in lodging sinks and drip dry over night. I was wrong about some garments and had to wear them wet the next day. If we ever take another trip where we are traveling light, I definitely buy one or two of the specialty travel garments.

www.fabric.com has a section of "slinky knit" They also put it on sale frequently.

Try Spandex House on the internet. They have a good supply of both print and solid.

Consumer Advice Product FinderDecember 9, 2006
A woman shopping.
What is Travel Knit Fabric?
Sky Blue Retro Travel Trailer 3
Buying a Used Travel Trailer
Family in Car Leaving in Winter
Saving Money on Holiday Travel
Business Travel Tips, Business Woman on Laptop in Airport
Business Travel Tips
🎉
🎄