Making a King Sheet into a Queen

How can I decrease a king fitted sheet to a queen?

By Wichypoo from Winona, WV

I had a valance which was a king size, my bed was a double, all I done was sew a seam straight up the middle, after I had measured it, then cut off the excess, worked like a charm.

I did it on all of my king sheets when I changed to a queen bed. I made the seam right where it went over the side of the bed. That way you never had to lay on the seam. I just put it on the bed inside out, pulled tight, then folded it to fit and marked with pins. I stitched it on the machine.

I also had an electric mattress pad. For that I just folded the excess under the mattress and pinned it to itself.

It's been about 10 years and all of these are still working fine. I hang my sheets on the line, and they last forever. Even in the winter there are warm days when you can hang them out.

Thanks for sharing,good luck.

Consumer Advice General AdviceApril 13, 2009
California King Bed
Buying Sheets for a California King Bed
Queen Anne's Lace
Getting Rid of Queen Anne's Lace
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Man in Yellow King Costume
Making a King Costume