Discolored Revereware Pans

I have Revereware pans that I ran through the dishwasher and now they are discolored on the outside (gray and white) and feel fuzzy. They have nonstick interiors. Also, the "gray" come off on my dishtowel. I thought they were stainless steel (pretty heavy), but now I wonder if they may be aluminum since they have discolored. Any way to restore the finish? Or at least remove the "fuzz"? They were originally a bright "chrome" color.

By Raechyl from Colorado Springs, CO

Try cutting a lemon in half and dipping in a bowl of salt, then rub on the exterior of the pan. Scrub the surface with the lemon as you would a scrub pad. It works well on copper bottomed Revereware pans as well.

Good Luck,

Home and Garden Repair OtherJanuary 9, 2007
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Discolored Linoleum