Cat Safe Yarn Tip

Our cat, Tweets is very clever at finding a ball of yarn and can spend late hours unraveling it from one end of our two-story house to another. Bury it under a sofa pillow? She'll dig it out.

Even while I'm using it, making pet carrier "blankies" for pet carriers for our humane society, she loves to snatch it! I finally found the solution.

First off, I give her a small ball of yarn to play with. I upended a plastic waste basket with open slots in the sides and thread the yarn in use though a slot, where I can easily pull it out as I use it.

Tweets is frustrated, but this method works out very well for me. The yarn is hidden and inaccessible to Tweets and I no longer have to chase down and rewind the yarn as I work.

By Janet from Conway, NH

Just a note for protection of cats. I lost my dear Ginger last year after she got ahold of some thread. It got wrapped around her tounge and then she swallowed the other end, this wrapped itself around her intestines. The vet said that he sees this alot. The thread cuts the intestines to shreds. There is a surgery to remove the thread, but it is VERY costly, and most cats die from a bacterial infection due to the intestinal sewage that leaks out during the operation. I would not want anyone else to lose thier beloved pet this way. I still feel guilty over the fact that I always played with her with a piece of yarn or string.

LOL knew this was you soon as I read Tweets name, good idea too. rose

Keeping Yarn Away from Cats
Keeping Yarn Away from Cats
Crafts KnittingMay 14, 2007
knitting needles
Using Eyelash Yarn
Sports fans drinking at a sports bar.
How Much Should You Tip at a Sports Bar?
A cat sitting behind a fence.
Building Outdoor Cat Enclosures
Trellis Yarn Necklace
Making Trellis Yarn Jewelry