Keeping Yarn Away from Cats

Category Cats
Kitties can easily become hopelessly ensnared in yarn, as they joyfully play with this unintentional toy. This is a page about keeping yarn away from cats.

Our cat, Tweets is very clever at finding a ball of yarn and can spend late hours unraveling it from one end of our two-story house to another. Bury it under a sofa pillow? She'll dig it out.

Even while I'm using it, making pet carrier "blankies" for pet carriers for our humane society, she loves to snatch it! I finally found the solution.

First off, I give her a small ball of yarn to play with. I upended a plastic waste basket with open slots in the sides and thread the yarn in use though a slot, where I can easily pull it out as I use it.

Tweets is frustrated, but this method works out very well for me. The yarn is hidden and inaccessible to Tweets and I no longer have to chase down and rewind the yarn as I work.

By Janet from Conway, NH

Keep cats away from your knitting!

By Joan P.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Pets CatsOctober 10, 2012
🌻
😷
🐛
📓
😎
Generated 2020-07-16 00:22:08 in 886 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Keeping-Yarn-Away-from-Cats.html