5 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Any ideas for a stay at home birthday party for a 5 year old boy?

Missy from OK

How about a pirate party, complete with hats (or they can make their own) and eye patches, backyard treasure hunt using a home-made treasure map, with real treasure at the end (our "treasure" was a pinata filled with candy etc.), picnic table decorated (esp. with butcher paper) to become a "pirate ship", etc. We did this several years ago, and it was one of the most fun parties we've done--and I've done MANY. Everyone, from the toddler "go alongs" to the pre-teen cousins had a great time! We bought a plain white-frosted Costco cake and decorated it with a few pirate toys and some "gold dubloons" (chocolate foil-wrapped coins). The possibilities are endless! Have fun!

2 hrs, 5 guests, a craft, a few games, goodie bags, cake and ice cream. KISS

We had a "knight party" for my son for his 5th. I bought the inexpensive plastic knight helmets for the boys party hats (and it was also their party favor). I got the girls the little fabric cone shaped damsel hats for the girls party hats (party favor). I went online and found a castle cake (basically 2 square cakes, get 2 soup cans and bake cake in them then cut them in half -these are the towers, sugar cones upside down on top of the towers and decorate with gumdrops). You can get really creative with the cake from there. It was a real hit. I called several friends and borrowed a bunch of stick horses and had a stick horse race. We did a dragon pinata.

We made a craft using cardboard wrapping paper tubes. I got ribbon, fake jewels, metallic and pastel paints, glitter. I cut sword handles out of construction paper and stapled it about 3/4 down the tube. We cut the opposite end of the tube to a point. The boys painted their sword silver and decorated the handle. The girls painted their tubes a pretty pastel & decorated long pieces of ribbon with glitter and jewels. Then we stapled multiple ribbons to the end of the tube to make a wand-sort-of-thing. :-) We did the craft first, played the other games then just let them loose to play with their new handmade toys. They had a blast. I know that was lengthy - sorry -but hope it inspires someone else. Have a great time!

5th Birthday
5th Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayJanuary 27, 2006
Kids gathered around cake at birthday.
14th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
17 Year Old Birthday Party
17 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas
Four year old blowing out birthday candles.
4th Birthday Party Ideas
🎉
🎄