Water Game Birthday Party for a 5 Year Old?

I am having my daughter's 5th birthday party outside. It is water oriented and I need some ideas for games that will be suitable for children ranging 2-6 yrs of age. I am mainly thinking of using water guns and water balloons. Any ideas?

By Samantha T.

Set up a couple of sprinklers and let the kids run through them. I still remember this from when I was little, a long time ago!

How about one of those slip and slide things that you could put on the ground, turn on the sprinklers, and let the kids (and maybe grownups, too) have fun? Water pistols and balloons sound fun, too. For littler kids, maybe a wading pool? But they would need some supervision.

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 337 Feedbacks

How about a relay race where they have to empty a bucket a cupful at a time and fill a small pail for their team? Tough to run with the cupful of water without spilling, and so lots of laughs.

And I think a slip and slide is a good suggestion too.

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 509 Feedbacks

I was going to suggest the same things the others have, so I won't repeat them. I would like to warn you though, that water balloons make a huge mess-you have all those broken pieces laying around on the ground, which doesn't look very good & is bad for the birds.

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayMay 8, 2011
🎂
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf62436558.tip.html