Keeping Grilled Hamburgers Fresh

By Jayne 1

I'm having a graduation party and serving over 100 grilled hamburgers. Any ideas on how to keep them fresh? I'd like to cook most of them early on in the party.

By myoungy from Minneapolis, MN

Showing: Answers Sort

By Dave 3 88 Flag

Where I work we had counter days, which is where you get suppliers in and invite custoemrs for lunch and to talk to the suppliers. We would (the counter days are a casualty of the economy) grill the burgers and hot dogs early and put them in a electric roaster (ours is a Nesco) with some water. We set the temp just below boiling. It kept the food hot and the water kept them from drying out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Tina Siegl 26 71 Flag

We've always used the Nesco roaster method that Zoodad described. Rather than water, though, we added some beef boulion cubes so that it was "beef brothy". I'm not sure if that changes the taste, but the aroma sure is good. Being from Wisconsin, we also put some brats on the grill and kept them warm in the broth also :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Myrna 17 1,083 Flag

You could add a bit of Liquid Smoke to the water while keeping juicy and hot. I use my frying pan and a lid to cover for leftover burgers and they're very good. For keeping 100 burgers hot, you probably could use a large pot with lid and add water to the bottom then place a rack in it to keep burgers from absorbing the water while the steam keeps them hot.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Frances Adams 11 554 Flag

My friend Carol taught me how; use a large crock pot, or several if you need them, and put the patties, along with the beef cubes as described above, or just with some canned beef broth. Keeps the patties moist and hot!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By it's.only.me 168 254 Flag

If you don't have a trivet, use balled-up pieces of foil instead.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Grilling Hamburgers
Grilling Hamburgers
Food and Recipes Food Tips BBQ and GrillMay 4, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Grilled Cheese
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
slicing onions
Grilled Onion Recipes
Grilling Hamburgers
Grilling Hamburgers
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 8:55:20 AM on 10.0.2.66 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings