Shrimp and Avocado Salad
If you prefer a chilled salad dressing; make ahead and refrigerate in a large cruet or lidded glass jar for about 45 minutes before preparing the salad ingredients.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped, or less to taste
- 1-1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn, base discarded and top 1/4 leafy portions saved for a future salad
- 1/2 lb. cooked cocktail shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium ripe avocado, seeded and sliced
Combine the first 10 ingredients in a blender and pulse until well blended.
Place romaine on plates, top evenly with avocado and shrimp, drizzle with the dressing and serve.
By Deeli from Richland, WA
June 3, 20100 found this helpful
Can't wait to try this recipe!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 6, 2016 at 3:22:09 AM on 10.0.2.63 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us