Making Tarragon Soy Avocado Salad

Category Vegetable
This simple avocado salad is delicious. The soy sauce replaces the salt and tarragon complements the creamy flavor of the avocado. Serve on a bed of lettuce with some tomatoes or other additions for a side salad or light lunch.

This is one of my absolute favourite ways to use avocado. Using soy sauce instead of salt really gives depth to the savoury flavours, while the tarragon really punches through the creaminess and livens things up. This is originally my mother's longtime recipe, and the way she got me hooked on the heart-healthy avocado when I was very young. Thanks Mama!

You can use this simple recipe to spruce up any salad. Most of the time, I'll just make it the way it is and serve it next to a protein dish.

Total Time: 7 minutes

• 2 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
  • 2 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp dried tarragon
  • freshly ground black pepper to taste

1. Gently score cubes into the avocado halves, then scoop out with a spoon into a bowl.
  2. Add soy sauce, olive oil, tarragon and black pepper. Mix well. Serve as is or on a bed of lettuce and tomatoes.
Food and Recipes Recipes Salads VegetableJanuary 6, 2020
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-07 22:06:44 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️