TreesGardening

Weeping Cherry Tree Has Brown Leaves

My weeping cherry trees leaves have turned brown. They were green and beautiful just a month ago. What can I do?

By Susan from Shreveport, LA

Call a nursery and ask them the same question.

Try this website: http://www.tree  cherry/iandd.asp

April 24, 2013 Flag

I planted the weeping cherry tree a year ago and it was doing great until this year. The leaves started to get brown and now the trunk is turning white. I already sprayed leaves and trunk with Bayers disease and insect control and no luck. Tree still looks the same. It looks like new branches are coming out from the bottom, but the top still looks bad. Should I cut the the sick parts and let it start again from the bottom?

By Agustin

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 6, 2010 Flag

Two years ago in August, I planted two weeping cherry trees. The first of May we went over and the trees where fine. I went back over one month later and most of the leaves have fallen off and the few that are left are brown. We started the sprinkler system in April and increased the water time to 30 minutes every morning (before was 20). What would cause the leaves to die and drop?

By Angela from Oronda, WA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 6, 2010 Flag

Weeping Cherry Tree Has Brown Leaves

We planted a weeping cherry a couple of months ago and are watching it die. The leaves are browning and the branches are empty where the leaves have already died. About 1/2 of the tree looks like this. I've read about shock, fungus, etc. and they all say to trim back the dead branches. The problem is, this would leave me half of a tree. It's only about 6 ft tall now, faces southeast for morning sun, clay soil, and average drainage. Any help would be appreciated.

Teresa from Woodstock, IL

Answers:

Weeping Cherry Tree Has Brown Leaves

I planted 2 of these trees only to have them both die. It turns out the spot I planted them in was way too wet and they drowned. Even though the ground looked dry, the hole would fill with water as it did not drain well due to our clayish soil. You might check yours for too much water.
(06/24/2008)

By soochatty

Weeping Cherry Tree Has Brown Leaves

We live in the middle of a small orchard that my husband and I planted. We've had all kinds of challenges with our trees.

Get yourself a 5 gallon plastic bucket (a fast food place might even give you one). Ask for an empty pickle bucket. About an inch and a half from the bottom, drill a 1/16th inch hole. Set the bucket by the tree and fill it with water.

Once a week with average rainfall and up to three times a week during particularly hot times.

Good luck!
(06/25/2008)

By Shosha

Weeping Cherry Tree Has Brown Leaves

Give your tree 15 gallons of water each week. Put a plastic bag in a bucket and poke a small hole in it for a slow drip, or use a hose with very low amounts of water to reach the roots. (09/27/2008)

By Tom

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Gardening TreesJuly 6, 2010
Dogwood tree in spring.
Leaves Turning Brown on Dogwood Tree
A bunch of cherries still on the tree.
Using Up Your Cherry Harvest
Photo of cherries hanging on a cherry tree.
Growing Cherries (Cherry Trees)
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 18, 2017 at 1:49:54 PM on 10.0.2.204 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.