Sort Spare Change For Exact Change

What to do with all that unwanted change in coins? You don't want to ever count it. I keep 4 plastic containers in my kitchen drawer now (for quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies). I tell my family to sort their coins on regular basis.

When the containers fill up, I fill and label old prescription vials ("Q","D","N" and "P") with each coin group and store them in an old make-up bag in the glove compartment in my car. Then I pay with exact change through every drive-through (i.e. fast food, cleaners, gas, tolls, parking, etc). My unwanted coins are gone in no time. The store clerks always thank me because they always need more change.

By cipi2000 from Miami, FL

I totally agree. Spend that change and save dollar bills. No counting, no excess weight. I keep mine in the car too.

Photo of lots of loose change.
Organizing Change
Organizing MiscellaneousMarch 7, 2011
Homemade Rabbit Cage
Homemade Rabbit Cages
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
Spare Ribs
Cooking Spare Ribs
Packing a Suitcase, Suitcase Ready for Travel
Packing a Suitcase