Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Dark Circles on My Elbows and Knees

My 16 year old daughter has dark elbows and knees. What should she do?

By Mina from Dubai

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By DEBY [18]01/10/2011

There is this stuff called pretty hands and feet or the reversal, need to go get another bottle. This is sold at Walgreens or rexalls usually. Its a sloughing cream i have never seen before that works like a miracle. I even used it on my face several times because I had little lines around my eyes (do not get in eyes ) and you wouldn't beleive the layers of dead skin that came off my face. This could be layers of dryed dead skin on her elbows and knees. Test a small patch when using to make sure skin is not allergic or to sensitive. Great stuff!

By Theresabentley [1]01/10/2011

Use lemon. Cut lemon in half and sit each elbow in the lemon for about 10 minutes. Then wash with water. This helps.

By Vicki [21]01/10/2011

Please read the archived feedback. Dark elbows, knees, underarms can be a symptom of diabetes.

Here are questions related to Dark Circles on My Elbows and Knees.

Question: Lightening Dark Skin on Knees

How could I clean my brown knees?

By Barnali

Most Recent Answer

By mary knight [20]09/04/2012

It is difficult to answer because you did not explain the cause of your brown knees. Are you a dark-skinned person with darker pigmentation on your knee area? Are you aged, and the skin is discolored due to aging and liver spots and roughness? Or...is it just dirt that is hard to reach for you? Each cause would require a different approach. For pigmentation issues, lemon juice comes to mind as a brightener, although I have not done any research on this; and perhaps some hydrogen peroxide solution? (not too strong, now, or you will damage your skin!). Try a soak in the tub, if possible, for a thorough cleansing of dirt, using a loofah sponge.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Dark Circles on My Elbows and Knees

I would like to know if someone has a homemade recipe for cleaning elbows and the knees. I have a dark circle on them. I don't know how to return them to as they used to be.

My elbows are very dark. I have used all types of things, but none help to lighten the skin. Can someone please give me some tips?

Hammad

RE: Dark Circles on My Elbows and Knees

Prescription-strength hydroquinone will bleach the skin. (06/14/2010)

By mollyring

RE: Dark Circles on My Elbows and Knees

Try Ambi, they promise results in two weeks and I can say they're right. And they're cheap! They make creams and soaps. www.ambi.com, but I buy mine in Walgreens or the grocery store, in the ethnic section. You must use it twice a day faithfully. I use the cream which comes in a tube.

Good luck sweetie. I've been battling dark elbows and knees, Ambi works there too, all my life, but I have success with this. Use a sunblock after you rub it in well and wait ten minutes. Good luck! (06/15/2010)

By metroplex

RE: Dark Circles on My Elbows and Knees

Have you been tested for diabetes? That can sometimes cause dark places in some people. (06/16/2010)

By Lilac

How can I clean the darkness from my knees? I can't even wear a skirt due to that problem. Please suggest something.

I have used lime before; it does not work.

By Roan from London

RE: Dark Circles on My Elbows and Knees

First let me ask if you have Fibromyalgia ? If you do this is or can be a normal effect of Fibro known as "Molting". I get it on the tops of my big toes. A prescription of "Desoximetasone Cream" from the doctor should help. If you do not have fibro, I have used real Lemon (not Lime) in my salon and person use.

Cut the lemon in half and rub it on elbow and knees, soak elbows and knees in the lemon half for at least 30 minutes, rubbing it around. you might have to do it again in a few days. use a scrub brush to remove the dead skin after the soak. Get in a habit after this to use a good moisturizing body cream daily on the spots. You can also try the liquid salons use to do a manicure. It dissolves the dead skin away. Buy at a beauty supply store, it is cheap. Good Luck! (11/19/2010)

By chuck j

RE: Dark Circles on My Elbows and Knees

Look for information on a condition called hyperkeratosis, you will find your answers and treatment there and don't scrub the areas. (12/04/2010)

By Xotchi