Remedies for Dark Circles Under Eyes

Dark circles can make you look even older than wrinkles or grey hair. They can be the result of such things as fatigue, allergies, or aging. This is a guide about remedies for dark circles under eyes.

To "erase" under eye circles that can be caused by a lack of sleep, dehydration, allergies etc-try dabbing a cream rich in vitamin K on the dark area. This well-known bruise healer helps brightens the skin by strengthening the capillaries under your eyes, which boosts circulation.

By Lynda from Kearny, NJ

My mom has dark circles around her eyes due to red eye. There is also puffiness. She's been using Olay products for dark circles. What other solutions could be done to help this situation?

Answers

From rewardme.com
Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one and a half teaspoon of lemon juice.

Gently apply this mixture on your dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
Rinse it off well with cool water.
Follow this remedy twice a day for 2 - 3 weeks to see results.

Have you tried putting cucumbers over your eyes? It should sooth the dark circles and puffiness.

I don't know what redeye is, do you mean pink eye? That is a highly contagious infection and she should see a doctor. Also, has she had her blood pressure checked lately? Puffy eyes are a sign of sodium retention and when you have high blood pressure and eat salt it usually shows. Like most people she should consciously reduce her salt intake after speaking with her doctor.

Hi her pressure is all Good. And the red eye also known pink eye has left her with those dark circles

Hi my mom had tried this remedy for many years.

Thank you will let her try it it

Those types of dark circles are called allergic shiners. Putting a hot towel over your eyes will immediately improve the appearance of allergic shiners.

dark under the eyes is a classic sign of iron deficiency or anemia. The first thing i would do is make sure I'm getting adequate nutrition, upping fruit/veg consumtion, etc.

After that, the tomato and cucumber are classic tried and true solutions, as is making a solution with comfrey and soaking the eyes in it.

What home remedies can you use to lighten up dark circles or get rid of them?

By Renee

Answers

All the home remedies and high priced cosmetic remedies in the world will not work according to my Opthamologist. Of course getting enough sleep on a regular basis, is your best course of action. And, this bit of advice, I am sure of due to experience. According to the doctor, the same advice goes for bags under the eyes. It is fluid retention. Cosmetics can't help.

Harlean from Arkansa

In Ayurveda, bags under the eyes are a sign of kidney trouble. This goes with the doctor's idea of fluid retention. Try a new sleep routine (one night will not do it) and up your water (yes - water) intake.

Cut two cool thin cucumber slices. Lay down and put the cucumber slices on your closed eyes. Relax like that for about 30 minutes. Also, be sure to drink plenty of water and get enough sleep.

Really really dark circles can also be a sign of Liver problems.

I have been using glasses for years and I have now switched to contacts. The only bad thing is the rings under my eyes. Are there any remedies for making them fade away or make up tips to cover up?

Sana.m from Durban, South Africa

Answers

By denise warner (Guest Post)

avon has a new product out called anew alternative that is suppose to get rid of under eye circles

By Stacie (Guest Post)

Dark circles under eyes are usually "Allergy Shiners" if you are an allergy sufferer, chances are , wearing the contacts are causing you more problems, hence, the darkness under the eyes. Perhaps get your eye dr. to prescribe some allergy drops such as patanol or optivar and see how that helps.

By joolah or the special one (Guest Post)

umm... i have no help to how you're supposed to make the circles leave but i know why they're there now that you have contacts!! the same thing happened to me, i was scared it was th econtacts at first but its not. ok, when you have glasses on the bottom rim usually covers up the area where circles are most common so you can't see them and when you take your glasses off then its too fuzzy to see the circles!!

so they've been there all along! i've heard that putting ice under your eye helps because the circle is really just a swollen part of skin under your eye but i have no idea if this theory works... i think i'm going to try it now though! bye bye

How do you get rid of dark circles under your eyes?

By Teresa

Answers

Vitamin B-12 might help if it is an iron deficiency and see your doctor as you may need iron or more blood. Pernicious anemia is nothing that should be over sighted. Eat more spinach for example and higher content iron levels of foods.

Try cucumber juice. Grate a little bit of cucumber & squeeze the juice out. Apply with a cotton ball. Its soothing, refreshing & removes dark circles.

What can I use to get rid of dark circles around my eyes?

By Audre

I'm 21, but I have really bad dark circles under my eyes due to heredity and chronic iron-deficiency anemia. I've tried quite a few products and nothing seems to work at all!

I have no puffiness, in fact my undereyes are slightly sunken because of high cheekbones. Does anyone have any (preferably cheaper) solutions that actually work?

By Jennie from Tempe, AZ

Answers:

Remedy for Dark Circles Under Eyes

Try eye creams containing caffeine (they help dilate blood vessels, which are the main causes of dark undereye circles). Cover FX concealer is also really great for hiding circles. (08/29/2010)

By Molly Ringer

Remedy for Dark Circles Under Eyes

Call your local Avon dealer, they have a product that a co-worker used to swear by. Good luck! (08/30/2010)

By susan

Remedy for Dark Circles Under Eyes

Get rested. Learn new make up tricks and get your health treated. And don't think that every one else notices it all the time. It may be a big issue cause you see it and know it. (08/30/2010)

By Grandma J

Remedy for Dark Circles Under Eyes

Purchase a high quality grapeseed oil. Dab a little each night before bed. (08/31/2010)

By ETC

Remedy for Dark Circles Under Eyes

Try heating a Chamomile tea bag and then cooling it in the refrigerator. Place a bag on each eye and relax for 15 minutes. The Chamomile tea works as an anti-inflammatory and will fix the darkness, albeit temporary. The first time I did it could feel the skin contracting. Amazing! (09/06/2010)

By Logan Walters

Remedy for Dark Circles Under Eyes

I have read some articles about this, I have noticed it in myself. Try drinking more water than usual. It certainly can't hurt and it doesn't cost a thing. It can be contributed from dehydration. (09/12/2010)

By Marisha

How do you cure dark circles under your eyes?

By kavi from Chennai

Answers:

Remedy for Dark Circles Under Eyes

I am very fair skinned and 70 and have allergy "shiners". Allergy medicine helps as does reducing salt in one's diet. To even out my skin tone, I also use Jergen's self tanner and this somewhat blends the "shiners" into the color of the rest of the face. I hope you find something from all the above suggestions that helps. I don't think there is much more to be tried. (07/21/2010)

By Sheilah Link

Remedy for Dark Circles Under Eyes

If you are getting enough sleep and don't have any allergies going, this is a sign of a health issue. It could be anything from simple allergies, dehydration, to more complicated issues. (07/29/2010)

By Grandma J

Remedy for Dark Circles Under Eyes

If you're puffy under your eyes too, try a cucumber and drink lots of water. (08/08/2010)

By amy

Does Mederma gel help reduce dark circle around eyes?

By Hrb from Bangalore, India

Here's a beauty tip that works for me. If you have dark patches under your eyes, grate some cucumber and apply it 2 or 3 times a day.

Any ideas on hiding dark circles under your eyes? I wear concealer but the dark circles are still there.

How can I get rid of black circles under my eyes?

Any ideas on homemade remedies for dark circles under eyes and puffy bags, besides surgery?

I want to know how can you get rid of dark circles around and underneath your eyes. I have tried potato and cucumber didn't make a difference.

I have had dark circles since 2004. I have tried many things to get rid of this. I put cucumber, tomato, potato, lemon juices, almonds, etc. Is there any other homemade tips to get rid of this?

You can slice cucumber and put on your eyes for half an hour everyday for 15 days to lighten dark circles. You can massage under eye area with sweet almond oil before going to bed to lighten dark circles.

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.