Family: Emily In Her Heirloom Dress

This picture is of my granddaughter Emily who was born 9/15/08; she is wearing her mother's dress. The dress is white and has a matching lace blanket. I have a photo of Emily's big sister Hannah wearing the same dress. I plan to have it monogrammed with the names of the mother and daughters and framed in a shadow box.

By Jose from Tennessee

Emily In Her Heirloom Dress

Oops, your photo isn't coming up on the Thriftyfun website.

Such a beautiful tradition!

Keep it out of the sun light and possibly have some archival appropriate pre-laundering and backing - because the fabric is delicately thin and acid would do a lot of damage quickly.

What a beautiful little angel. Old is new again.

That is an excellent idea for preserving the memories of the dress. Emily is a little doll. Thanks for sharing her and the dress with us and God bless you.

Oh Emily is adorable, love those little tiny toes!

What a great idea get it monogrammed. I have a little shirt like that that my mom had my photo taken in in 1961 and I had both my girls photos taken in it and also my granddaughter's photo taken in it. It is now in a shadow box on display with the photos. We were all 6 weeks old when the photos were taken. Emily is a beautiful baby!

Photos FamilyNovember 19, 2008
selecting a wedding dress
Selecting a Wedding Dress
Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Heirloom Tomato Varieties
Growing Heirloom Vegetables